How do I make a custom class/difficulty selection menu?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
SpancherZD

How do I make a custom class/difficulty selection menu?

Post by SpancherZD »

Hi, I'm trying to make a class menu with the portrait on the right. Normally I would just keep the default menu, however once you go over a certain limit of classes the text becomes small and the portrait on the right disappears (I need 10 classes). So, I decided I'd make my own class menu, but how do I list the classes as selectable options? The same thing goes for if I ever wanted to make a custom difficulty menu, how do I list the difficulties? Is it even possible with MENUDEF or do I have to use ACS scripting? (help definitely required for the latter)

Return to “Scripting”