Help to spawn two splash effects

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Niphura

Help to spawn two splash effects

Post by Niphura »

As the subject says, i want to know how to spawn two splash effects in the textures FWATER1,2,3,4 when you shoot the water. i managed to make 3d splashwaves like in project brutality but I want to have another splash effect besides the existing one, something like this:

https://s8.postimg.cc/4xqw235t1/Screens ... 200409.png

in the screenshot you can see a clear example: the 3d model splash waves and the sprite splash

Here is what i managed to do: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1jubuchg ... e.pk3/file
osjclatchford

Re: Help to spawn two splash effects

Post by osjclatchford »

If I'm reading this right is it the liquid particles you're after. These are normally done as projectiles spawned by the big splash actor. In my experience I've only ever had two splashes possible in zdoom. Small ones (made by everything under 10mass) and big (made by everything 10mass and larger) all I did was add projectiles to the big'un and it creates a splashier effect. For an example of this you can feel free to steal and use in your mod. go and dl a copy of major crisis. ( One of my mods that has this.) Using projectiles means you can also make the liquid leave a decal on the walls. Essentially Actually splashing the liquid about... If I'm wrong about what you're after then I guess that was a waste of a perfectly good explanation! Lol

Return to “Scripting”