MD3 model as first person hud weapon

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
PixelWAD

MD3 model as first person hud weapon

Post by PixelWAD »

I am trying to use an animated first person perspective weapon. I got it to work. However, the placement is like deep inside the screen and quite far.
I tried playing with Scale / Offset / ZOffset and my weapon is moving around the screen, but I can't place it correctly, and I have already spent more than an hour just playing with different values, game testing, and them enhancing them further... Did not come with anything acceptable, so I hope there is a much easier way!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: MD3 model as first person hud weapon

Post by wildweasel »

From my experience, that already is the easiest way - you're just going to have to mess with the numbers. I don't know that there are any model viewers or anything that use the same coordinate system, otherwise I'd say to try using those and copying the offsets from there.
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

Thanks! Fun times ahead of me.. :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I was lucky with the weapons in Gene-Tech. Most of those worked "out of the box" as far as screen position was concerned. No real need to mess around tweaking values.

Return to “Scripting”