[DECORATE] Help with Robtoronn style NPC's

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Okgo5555

[DECORATE] Help with Robtoronn style NPC's

Post by Okgo5555 »

Simple question:

On this one, I am pretty familiar with manipulating DECORATE behaviors with pickup items and Monsters/NPC's. I'm working on a mod that uses DECORATE and has a points system ala old timey arcade games but has a Vanilla 90's feel. Essentially, it' got bunch of new weapons, new enemies, and some new or twisted power ups. It's very much inspired by the gameplay styles of Quake1, DooM, smash TV, Robotron 2084, and DooM 2016's arcade mode. With that said, it would make alot of sense to have npc's that have health and can die, wander around, and can be "rescued" amongst the fray. So I need a friendly monster? Can I make a custom pickup that has health and can wander around? It seems like a simple Idea, but I'm wrestling with the approach. It doesn't need to be fancy. I'm assuming that the "rescue" would jut be the "use" state frames of animation. Can a custom inventory be given the MONSTER property? If you're reading this and you don't feel like spelling it out to me, I would really appreciate it even if you just guided to me a pre-existing mod that had a similar concept and I would gladly give it a hard look.

Return to “Scripting”