player5start = 4001 ?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Enjay

player5start = 4001 ?

Post by Enjay »

I was just about to get a fixed version of Genetech ready to address an incorrectly added #include when I noticed another error:

Code: Select all

Unknown GAMEINFO key "player5start" found in njgtb4tsb.pk3:mapinfo.txt:25
I have the line:

Code: Select all

player5start = 4001
in the mapinfo. The only reason this is there is because I copied the example [wiki]GameInfo_definition[/wiki] from the wiki and edited it to suit my needs. The example has this line.

I'm pretty sure I don't even need that in my MAPINFO, so I'll just comment it out. However, I'm wondering if this is even meant to be something that GZDoom supports? It's in the wiki, but only in the example; it's not actually mentioned/explained in the main table from the wiki page. Perhaps it's something that has been superseded by ednums being moved to mapinfo?

Anyway, I suspect its a Wiki entry issue rather than an actual bug which is why I'm asking here.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: player5start = 4001 ?

Post by Graf Zahl »

This option has become redundant when the editor number definitions were added. It's just silently ignored.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks for the info.
Gez

Post by Gez »

It's not so silently ignored if it results in a warning message.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

People really should not copy entire blocks of info from the base definitions if they only want to change single values We have seen on multiple occasions how that can end up if the underlying implementation changes.

Return to “Scripting”