Save in Coop

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
camaxide

Save in Coop

Post by camaxide »

I have checkpoint pickups that runs autosave in single player - however, in coop these cant be used..
the best way I've found is to use the save menu command or best - to use console and run save coop to create a savegame file named "coop" on both computers.
this way all that is needed if both players die and we have to restart from checkopoint is to restart game with -loadgame coop for instance

Is there a way to make a decorate object that runs the 'save coop' command rather than 'autosave'? I can't find any command for save other than autosave
camaxide

Re: Save in Coop

Post by camaxide »

Or simply put: Can a ACS or Decorate code be made to run the same thing as the console command 'save savename'?

Return to “Scripting”