Allow player to start from Maps after they've been found

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
RockstarRaccoon

Allow player to start from Maps after they've been found

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I want the player of this game to be able to start from Maps / Chapters that they've gotten to without a save, like in Half Life 2. I was hoping I could use zscript to override the episode menu, but I'm not sure how to make it keep track of what Maps the player has gotten to.

Has anyone ever done something like this? Does anyone know how to make a variable to keep track of things outside of saves? (Maybe I could utilize the cvar / options stuff for this?)

Edit: It occurs to me that if anyone has ever made a system to record the player's personal best on a level, I could use that to see if a best has been recorded on the previous level, meaning the player has actually beaten it.

Return to “Scripting”