[DECORATE] Actor gets stuck in some objects

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Void Weaver

[DECORATE] Actor gets stuck in some objects

Post by Void Weaver »

Hi there,
I did write recently a "Charge" state sequence with help of a very cool A_CheckLOF function, but since I am complete noob in DECORATE I have almost immediately clashed with a quite annoying trouble. My actor accidentally gets stuck during "Charge" into his own summon-actors (named as "B") and on rare occasions even into the map walls instead of jumping out to "ChargeEND" sequence state, despite that fact of I set almost all positive triggering flags (such as JUMPENEMY|JUMPFRIEND|JUMPOBJECT...) in A_CheckLOF.

What can be cause of that? If a some A_CheckLOF parameters are cause this, then which are should be adjusted?

"Amusing" note: while D get stuck he jumps out of loop whenever any other actor appears in the 360 degrees limits of A_CheckLOF range with a current settings.
Spoiler: A_CheckLOF "charge" of main actor "D"
Spoiler: Circle warp-spawner of "B" summon-actor
Spoiler: Friendly immobile summon-actor "B" into which "D" gets stuck

Return to “Scripting”