Question about multiple non-random obituaries

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Void Weaver

Question about multiple non-random obituaries

Post by Void Weaver »

NeuralStunner wrote:Monsters get a projectile obituary, and a melee obituary. That's it. :|
But what if an monster-actor have a set of related ability-actors? Is it possible to set individual obituary (without scripting ofc) for each of his ability-actors?

Lets say that we have a some "MadImp" which can shoot at target by "fireball" actor and "scream" actor projectiles, aside from his own melee attack. So can I set for the "fireball" "%o was killed with fire" obituary, while "%o was screamed to death by MadImp" for the "scream" actor?

Btw, does are XDeath obituaries overrides over other custom obituaries? I mean that if I to set DamageType as Fire to a some missile, would it always return "%o was melted" obituary instead of mine one then?
Spoiler: just example
But it always returns either mob-actor's obituary, either obituary of Fire XDeath - "%o was melted".
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Question about multiple non-random obituaries

Post by Matt »

GetObituary should be able to do this.

(Can someone add this to the wiki?)
Blue Shadow

Re: Question about multiple non-random obituaries

Post by Blue Shadow »

Matt wrote:(Can someone add this to the wiki?)
[wiki=GetObituary]It's there now[/wiki].

Return to “Scripting”