Bouncing Seeker Grenades Issue

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Doomedarchviledemon

Bouncing Seeker Grenades Issue

Post by Doomedarchviledemon »

I have created a rocket/grenade launcher that utilizes the Lost Soul and Revenant skulls as projectiles. The Lost Souls are normal homing rockets and the Revenant skulls are bouncing grenades. However, I want the Revenant skulls to be homing bouncing grenades since they use the same tech as the Revenant's rockets. While it works decently on a flat surface, they unfortunately do not work that well when shot from a higher place or against flying monsters because the grenades will begin to fly, completely ruining the whole bouncy homing concept. I am not sure how to solve this issue, or if it can even be done at all. It was suggested to me that I look into using Floor-hugging and see if I could get something to work that way, but I wasn't able to get it to work as the grenade just hugged the floor and didn't bounce at all.

Here is the code for the grenade. Or rather, Revenant Skull Bomb.
Spoiler:
You can download the weapon here to see how it functions in-game. Also planning to rename it. Leaning towards Skeletal Revenge... or BFB, Big Fucking Boner, because oh my god, how can I pass that up? XD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/26hyvom2zuubc ... s.wad?dl=0

Any help would be most appreciated.

Return to “Scripting”