Blood Spurts?(Solved)

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Blood Spurts?(Solved)

Postby MrToots » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:26 pm

I got a small one today
How do you get the bullet blood spurts when you shoot a mob, or the slashes if you cut them, I need the later but the former would be nice as well
I found it on the zdoom wiki once, but I can't seem to relocate it, could someone point me in the right direction
Last edited by MrToots on Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrToots

Re: Blood Spurts?

Postby FFFFRRRR » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Do you mean little bloodsplats that are shooting out of the enemy? Or do you mean decals on the wall?

(For Decorate. If you want to use ZScript: Sorry, I don't know about that.)
You can make your own Blood-Actors and assign them to a monster using the "Bloodtype" property of said monster.
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties#BloodType

Edit:
You can also make that actor replace the standard "Blood"-Actor instead of specifically assigning it to monsters.
Code: Select allExpand view
actor NewBlood replaces Blood

If you want decals for them, you can make some using DECALDEF and assign them to your blood-actors with the "Decal" property.
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_properties#Decal
FFFFRRRR
🍋🍋🍋🍋

Re: Blood Spurts?

Postby MrToots » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Not really what i'm looking for but good to know none the less, I was referring more to telling my projectiles that when they hit an enemy who can bleed to do so and when I hit them with say a sword to have a slash the same color as the monsters blood, i've found a workaround with spawning a series of slash sprites but when I hit a monster with say green blood it still shows red, obviously because the sprites are red
I'm hoping maybe with ACS(which i still need to learn) I can have it change based on the targets blood color
MrToots

Return to Scripting