Shrinking a texture

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Shrinking a texture

Postby Hidden Hands » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:40 pm

I have a texture of a painting i want to put on the wall in the room of my game but it is too large to put on a 128x128 wall. I do NOT want to shrink the actual texture down, I just want to display it at a smaller scale in game... how would I do this? I can't seem to do it without re-scaling the entire wall texture with the painting on it and lowering its quality.

Thanks in advance.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Discord: VGCtm
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit

Re: Shrinking a texture

Postby ramon.dexter » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:38 am

There are two way to do this:

First is easier. Just insert the texture as a simple linedef with middle texture and flag "lower unpegged", and set a texture scale in the "texture scale" in gzdoom builder.

Or, make a texture lump (best to do is use texture editor in slade), make a new texture and ... set a scale.

Well, when you look at front/back texture properties in gzdoom builder, dou you wonder what are the "scale" for? Have you ever tried playing with this?
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Shrinking a texture

Postby Hidden Hands » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:09 am

ramon.dexter wrote:There are two way to do this:

First is easier. Just insert the texture as a simple linedef with middle texture and flag "lower unpegged", and set a texture scale in the "texture scale" in gzdoom builder.

Or, make a texture lump (best to do is use texture editor in slade), make a new texture and ... set a scale.

Well, when you look at front/back texture properties in gzdoom builder, dou you wonder what are the "scale" for? Have you ever tried playing with this?

I never knew this! Thank you. I never used it before. This is great. Ill have to play with this feature when I get home later.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Discord: VGCtm
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit

Return to Scripting