Control weapon spawns

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Control weapon spawns

Postby MrToots » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:13 am

I recently played project brutality and noticed that certain weapons don't spawn until later in most map sets
I understand setting spawn chances in randomizers, but certain drops are dropping in certain maps like it's saying don't drop this weapon until the player is an amount of levels in, like the tiered machine guns
How is he doing that
Also I noticed it with monsters too like the dark know not showing up till you go to help in the starter pack
I've looked through the code but I'm still too novice to know what I'm looking for

Also is there a way to force a weapon to spawn if the player already has one of the options
Like if you have multiple chainsaw tier spawns but only a few chainsaws appear in the lack and you don't want them getting the same one twice
MrToots

Re: Control weapon spawns

Postby Zen3001 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:57 am

create an actor that does nothing but checks your level(or what ever condition you want) in a loop and spawns the actual actor when you reach the level
Zen3001
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Banned User

Discord: #0629

Return to Scripting