Hitmarkers help me to do it

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Niphura

Hitmarkers help me to do it

Post by Niphura »

Hello everyone, I am very sure that it is easy to make hitmarkers with decorate or some script. but i don´t know too much of that. That is why I ask you for help to do hitmarker as seen in this video https://youtu.be/f3VEs0wfvHg?t=58
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Hitmarkers help me to do it

Post by ramon.dexter »

What do you mean by 'hitmarkers'. I havent seen any in the video.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Using my unnatural telepathic gift, and logick with deduction, I has concluded that you means smoke cloud when projectile hit enemy.
Its make in projectile code. It has crash, xdeath and death state. Crash means "projectile hit wall", death "projectile hit actor", xdeath "projectile hit non bleeding actor". More on wiki.
Niphura

Post by Niphura »

ramon.dexter wrote:What do you mean by 'hitmarkers'. I havent seen any in the video.
What? you can clearly see that when he shoot the ump 45 and hit the shotgunguy in his crosshair appears a hitmarker
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Niphura wrote:
ramon.dexter wrote:What do you mean by 'hitmarkers'. I havent seen any in the video.
What? you can clearly see that when he shoot the ump 45 and hit the shotgunguy in his crosshair appears a hitmarker
He's asking what a hitmarker is.. You didn't exactly explain what you were talking about, and that video has a lot going on. Unless I'm mistaken, hitmarkers are a Call of Duty thing (maybe some other newer games), which a lot of people on here aren't necessarily familiar with...

As far as I can tell, in this video, it's the crosshair-style mark that appears on your screen when a bullet that you shot hits an enemy, yes?
Bael

Post by Bael »

AFADoomer wrote:
Niphura wrote:
He's asking what a hitmarker is.. You didn't exactly explain what you were talking about, and that video has a lot going on. Unless I'm mistaken, hitmarkers are a Call of Duty thing (maybe some other newer games), which a lot of people on here aren't necessarily familiar with...

As far as I can tell, in this video, it's the crosshair-style mark that appears on your screen when a bullet that you shot hits an enemy, yes?
yes, that´s it
Niphura

Post by Niphura »

When you shoot an enemy a "X" appears in your crosshair for a second, it appears for every bullet that you shoot them. Here is an example http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/d97e24 ... 3c85c8.jpg I'm very frustrated trying to do the hitmarker, I've been trying for a whole month and I can not do it. I tried to extract it from different kind of wads, like Prodoomer or the COD MW2 .wad but it did not work either, maybe you could try
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Niphura from some other random thread wrote:If you know about spawn a image in front of player's face can you tell me what is wrong with this wad? http://www.mediafire.com/file/tjakmjcd61ekdtf/HIT.wad i have tried to do a hitmarker (this cross http://i.imgur.com/i2rf511.jpg) that appears on the crosshair when you hit an enemy but it doesn´t appears and says: P_Startscript: Unknown script 607 can somebody fix it?
From the error message, you can tell that your scripts aren't loading at all... I'd recommend that you review the [wiki=LOADACS]LOADACS wiki page[/wiki]. You're missing A_START and A_END markers around the script library in your .wad.
Niphura

Post by Niphura »

AFADoomer wrote:
Niphura from some other random thread wrote:If you know about spawn a image in front of player's face can you tell me what is wrong with this wad? http://www.mediafire.com/file/tjakmjcd61ekdtf/HIT.wad i have tried to do a hitmarker (this cross http://i.imgur.com/i2rf511.jpg) that appears on the crosshair when you hit an enemy but it doesn´t appears and says: P_Startscript: Unknown script 607 can somebody fix it?
From the error message, you can tell that your scripts aren't loading at all... I'd recommend that you review the [wiki=LOADACS]LOADACS wiki page[/wiki]. You're missing A_START and A_END markers around the script library in your .wad.
Thank you very much i will try to do that
Niphura

Post by Niphura »

AFADoomer wrote:
Can you help me and edit the wad? i already put the A_START and A_END markers but it does not work
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Make sure you put the marker before and after the actual compiled script lump (the one that you are pointing to with LOADACS), not the uncompiled text source.
Niphura

Post by Niphura »

AFADoomer wrote:Make sure you put the marker before and after the actual compiled script lump (the one that you are pointing to with LOADACS), not the uncompiled text source.
I managed to do that but still tells me that the script does not work in gzdoom, I give up on this.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

What exactly it tells you?

C'mon, ACS compiler is one of the most user friendly that I encountered...
Xane123
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Xane123 »

I would've looked at the WAD to see if the ACS script was linked to LOADACS correctly, but it was removed. Still, if you haven't completely given up, make sure the name of the script file in the WAD is written in the LOADACS lump and that the compiled ACS is within the markers AFADoomer mentioned. I use PK3's so it's easier to tell what's the compiled ACS (always inside the ACS folder and has an ".o" extension) but SLADE 3 should tell whether it's compiled or not when it's selected.
Niphura

Post by Niphura »

Xane123 wrote:I would've looked at the WAD to see if the ACS script was linked to LOADACS correctly, but it was removed. Still, if you haven't completely given up, make sure the name of the script file in the WAD is written in the LOADACS lump and that the compiled ACS is within the markers AFADoomer mentioned. I use PK3's so it's easier to tell what's the compiled ACS (always inside the ACS folder and has an ".o" extension) but SLADE 3 should tell whether it's compiled or not when it's selected.
I managed to do the hitmarker but when I did the test it works with all the firearms except the plasmagun, the rocket launcher and the bfg for some reason. if you can help me to make the hitmarker work with those weapons I would be grateful. here is the Hitmarker.wad http://www.mediafire.com/file/w25mfwd35 ... marker.wad

Return to “Scripting”