Monster state controls (Zscript)

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Apeirogon

Monster state controls (Zscript)

Post by Apeirogon »

I want change some function, say a_look to a_lookex(0,0,1048)

Code: Select all

action void err_sample_look_I_guess()
	{
		a_lookex(0,0,1048);
	}
globally in every single existing curently on map monster, without editing every monsters code in doombuilder.

Is it possible to do without editing gzdoom.pk3, and, if yes, how?

ADD:Since this impossible, how one monster can control other monster directly?
Like, I have enchanted cyberdemon. If this cyberdemon enter on the battlefield it must

If it see much monsters he with words "REJOICE IN THE COMING OBLIVION!!!" command all monsters stay away from player, to not suffer from splahs damage.
Then, if cyberdemon left with half of full hp, or so, and near stil much other hellspawn it say "DESPAIR, FOR YOU END IS NEAR!!! CRUSH THEEEEEEEEM!!!!!!!" forced all alive demon attack as before. If there are no left alive/left just pair demons it say "WEAKLINGS!! I WILL FIGHT ALONGSIDE YOU NO LONGER!" and start killing all other monsters in current room, including player, and all monster that dont have luck spawn/enter in room at this moment.

If some one interest, if it enter in battle alone, or so, it say "Can no one open me a challenge?" and near death "Back into the shadows to fight another day." and, if it escape from last death strike it will spawn again with words "You didnt truly expect to stop the forces of Chaos"

How make so?
Last edited by Apeirogon on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shadow

Re: Global override/change function (Zscript)

Post by Blue Shadow »

No, that cannot be done.

Return to “Scripting”