How to make weapon's translations?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

How to make weapon's translations?

Postby XASSASSINX » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:52 am

Hello everyone, i'm trying to use weapon translations. I already used it ALOT of times for monsters, but never for weapons. So i try using the basic format in my custom weapon: "Translation "112:127=181:191" (Example) so it doens't work. but THEN i go to the weapon sprite and changes mannualy, it appears normally (The image of the sprite translated in color remap) so i click OK and it doens't work either! Any help?
XASSASSINX

Re: How to make weapon's translations?

Postby Arctangent » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:23 am

You don't.

Well, you can do it perfectly fine for the pickup sprite, but the hud sprites can't be translated.
Arctangent
squawky

Discord: SquawkyAtan#2371

Postby wildweasel » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 am

Arctangent wrote:You don't.

Well, you can do it perfectly fine for the pickup sprite, but the hud sprites can't be translated.

At least, not in that way. You can still use translations for other kinds of graphics, like view sprites, by creating clones of them in a Textures lump. Or, if you never, ever need the sprite in its original coloring, use SLADE's Color Remap tool.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby XASSASSINX » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:38 pm

wildweasel wrote:
Arctangent wrote:You don't.

At least, not in that way. You can still use translations for other kinds of graphics, like view sprites, by creating clones of them in a Textures lump. Or, if you never, ever need the sprite in its original coloring, use SLADE's Color Remap tool.

Yeah, but the question is: How do i use "Color remap tool"?
XASSASSINX

Postby Nevander » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:03 pm

Can't you just translate them with color remap and then save them as re-mapped truecolor PNGs?
Nevander
Self-Banned User

Postby XASSASSINX » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:44 am

Nevander wrote:Can't you just translate them with color remap and then save them as re-mapped truecolor PNGs?

Huuum... I'm sorry, what? I just go to that translation menu click OK, then i put "export as PNG"?
XASSASSINX

Return to Scripting