Weapon recoil?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)

Recoil?

Feels good
66%
Makes me seasick
No votes
Is pointless and silly
14%
Is vital
7%
Is fun at first but gets boring quickly
7%
Don't care
7%

Total votes: 29

Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: Weapon recoil?

Post by Matt »

Skelegant wrote:I think that works well for a powerful weapon with a longish loading time (like the SSG), but if someone's sensitive to that kind of thing, then a pitch/fov changing AA12 would probably give them a cranial hernia
^^^ this is the better way of putting what I was trying to get at with "How many shots does it take to kill a typical monster?". Because you really don't want to have a huge amount for a weapon when you're going to be holding down M1 and waling away at the target for an extended period of time instead of just 1- to 3-shotting them and moving along.
4thcharacter

Re: Weapon recoil?

Post by 4thcharacter »

It doesn't fit well in Doom, and most of the time it's used wrongly or in excessive amounts. Don't really get the hype in it.

Return to “Scripting”