ACS Built-In Math functions mostly missing?

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

ACS Built-In Math functions mostly missing?

Postby Cherno » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I tried to use some of the ACS built-in Math function like Floor, Ceil and Round which are listed on the zDoom wiki. However, when editing scripts in GZDoomBuilder2 I get compiler error when trying to use these functions, and they are also not recognized in the auto-completion. These functions are supposed to be included with gzDoom since earlier this year and I'm using the latest version, so I'M not sure what's the problem here :?: :?: :?:
Cherno

Re: ACS Built-In Math functions mostly missing?

Postby Blue Shadow » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Go here and download the newest ACC package. Extract its contents in: <editor's directory>/Compilers/ZDoom, replacing the existing files.

That will allow you to use those functions and compile your ACS code. The auto-completion and highlight is a different matter: go here and copy everything from the keywords block to the end. Then, open: <editor's directory>/Scripting/ZDoom_ACS.cfg. Replace everything from the keywords block to the end with the stuff you copied.

Alternatively, you can just use GZDoom Builder.
Blue Shadow

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ACS Built-In Math functions mostly missing?

Postby Cherno » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 am

Mucas gracias. It works now. I actually managed to figure out the auto-completion by myself but your help is much appreciated! Now I can continue working on my scripts :twisted:
Cherno

Return to Scripting