Items on floating floors.

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Hidden Hands

Items on floating floors.

Post by Hidden Hands »

I have done this numerous times before, many years ago, but I seem to have forgotten how to do this. I place an item on a SECTOR 3D FLOOR and the item appears underneath it, not on top. I don't understand what I used to do to make them appear on the platforms themselves. Can anyone help? I checked the wiki (but I couldnt find anything unless I'm just missing it) and google. What am I doing wrong, please?

Thanks in advance.
Gez

Re: Items on floating floors.

Post by Gez »

You need to give the object a Z height value equal to at least the height difference between the sector's normal floor and the 3D floor's top.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

Gez wrote:You need to give the object a Z height value equal to at least the height difference between the sector's normal floor and the 3D floor's top.
Oh yes of course, thank you so much. :) Worked perfectly.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Not a thing that cannot be reached by simply trying things...
Like, try doing things. I have a feeling that you have a fear of trying things that you dont understand. Get rid of that fear. No, you dont need to be 100% sure on what youre doing...

Return to “Scripting”