Importing maps into trenchbroom?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Casualfan

Importing maps into trenchbroom?

Post by Casualfan »

Anyone here familiar with Trenchbroom?

So I downloaded RB-DOOM3-BFG, which comes with a version of Trenchbroom that supports Doom 3 and Doom 3 BFG maps. I'm attempting to recreate the maps of Doom 3 in Doom Builder, so I figured I'd just import the maps into trenchbroom and use them as a reference, as opposed to painstakingly going through Doom 3 and screen-shotting every room from every angle. Thing is, I can't figure out how to import the Doom 3 maps into trenchbroom. Does anyone know how to do this? Or does anyone know how to import quake maps? It may be a similar process to importing Doom 3 maps.
InsanityBringer

Re: Importing maps into trenchbroom?

Post by InsanityBringer »

You can't, at least directly. When you compile a map in a Quake (or Doom 3, for that matter) editor, the process is super destructive and creates a map that's much different than the source you work with in the editor. There may be map decompilers available, or at least some sort of map viewer that might be useful here.
Casualfan

Re: Importing maps into trenchbroom?

Post by Casualfan »

InsanityBringer wrote:You can't, at least directly. When you compile a map in a Quake (or Doom 3, for that matter) editor, the process is super destructive and creates a map that's much different than the source you work with in the editor. There may be map decompilers available, or at least some sort of map viewer that might be useful here.
Dang, that's disappointing. Do you know of any map viewers or decompilers?

Return to “Off-Topic”