Maverick Model 3D Updated

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Enjay

Maverick Model 3D Updated

Post by Enjay »

For those who use it, you may be interested to know that Maverick Model 3D has been updated as of a few days ago.

https://clover.moe/mm3d/

For those that don't know, Maverick is a continuation of Misfit Model 3D (which is no longer worked on). If you are familiar with Misfit, then Maverick looks almost exactly the same, except that it has been given quite a few nice features and a host of bug fixes.

I use it extensively: a nice, simple "old school" editor that works well for the low-poly models that GZDoom supports and it can easily convert between MD2, MD3 and a few other formats (including the Milkshape Model format - making it easy to swap a model back and forth between the two editors).
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Maverick Model 3D Updated

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Awww, it doesn't save as STL. I just got into 3D printing, too.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Project Dark Fox wrote:Awww, it doesn't save as STL. I just got into 3D printing, too.
You could use NOESIS or Inkscape instead to export the MD3 model as an STL file and then import it to a slicer, eg PrusaSlicer or Cura.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Kappes Buur wrote:
Project Dark Fox wrote:Awww, it doesn't save as STL. I just got into 3D printing, too.
You could use NOESIS or Inkscape instead to export the MD3 model as an STL file and then import it to a slicer, eg PrusaSlicer or Cura.
My slicer of choice has always been Cura Ultimaker, so that last step was unnecessary :P
However, I'll look into one of those other programs for model porting. Thank you muchly!

Return to “Off-Topic”