What anti-malware program do you use, if any?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: What anti-malware program do you use, if any?

Postby Hansuke » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:39 pm

I just use Windows Defender. Mainly because it's lightweight and it's free. It's also very effective. There have been a few false positives but those can be easily added to an exclusion list.

It seems to also continuously scan your PC as well, looking for any threats. It also detects threats within compressed files such as .rar or .zip.

It seems to scan files even if you were to add them to clipboard or if you try to execute them. So it's very competent at what it does.
Hansuke

Postby sinisterseed » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:38 am

Hansuke wrote:It also detects threats within compressed files such as .rar or .zip.

I think pretty much all AV software does this for ages, though.

They just ship with it disabled by default, you have to enable it manually for those which have it disabled.
sinisterseed
Raze/GZDoom RO Translator & Raze Tester

Twitch ID: nixchievousfox
Github ID: sinisterseed
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Hunterj1234 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:34 pm

I use macaffe because it's the best antimalware. i have never gotten a vruis
Hunterj1234

Postby yum13241 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:36 am

invictius wrote:I considered myself able to spot fake download buttons, email phishing attempts, etc like probably most of you are able to, but have had security breaches for the first time in 20 years. First my facebook was hijacked, now a couple of months later someone tried to buy some stuff and attempted to breach two gmail accounts in the process (I only had 2fa on one of them). Malwarebytes picked up something that supposedly sends passwords (Not a keylogger) and I'm a bit annoyed that I only found out after I chose a much more secure, and a bit hard to remember password. Am hoping that it didn't get sent in that short time but I now have 2fa on basically anything that could make more than a minor inconvenience to me if breached.

ClamWinAV. It's been shown that normal antivirus slows down things like extracting zip files, and some legitimate games are even flagged as viruses to try and get you to subscribe to their Ultra Super Ultimate Plan++++ which turns out to be a legal scam. ClamWinAV is free, open source, and doesn't auto scan (not implemented) so it won't slow everything down. RMB > scan with ClamWinAV. The first antivirus is ME however.
yum13241

Discord: yum13241#8226
Github ID: yum13241
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Zklon » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:30 am

I usually use windows defender. This is sufficient as long as you don't click on suspicious links. I used to use Avast but decided to refuse because it uses too many PC resources.
Zklon

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby yum13241 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Zklon wrote:I usually use windows defender. This is sufficient as long as you don't click on suspicious links. I used to use Avast but decided to refuse because it uses too many PC resources.

I can't use Windows Defender as my ISO has it removed. It ever-so-slightly decreased performance of extracting things.
yum13241

Discord: yum13241#8226
Github ID: yum13241
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Off-Topic