Realm667 is down.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Realm667 is down.

Postby Dynamo » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:56 pm

So, as many people have already seen, https://www.realm667.com/ now gives an error when trying to access the site. While the BoA page is still available, the main page, which contains all of the resources, no longer is. Given this coincides with Tormentor667's ban on Doomworld and other incidents, it's not exactly hard to imagine the events are related. The main question now though is who has which resources. There are backups of the site from some time ago, but some people expressed concern that resources uploaded to r667 during this last month may not be available. Did anyone download any of the recent files?
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Re: Realm667 is down.

Postby dawnbreez » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:38 pm

There's a thread on Doomworld where people are dumping their copies of files: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... tory-dump/

What a mess. I have no words for it. Well...no polite words, anyway.
dawnbreez

Postby Kinsie » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:37 pm

A backup of the repository dating back to July 4 2020 has been assembled and is available in the first two posts of that Doomworld thread in both website and Bittorrent form. I believe Matt's planning on updating the website with any missing items that are found, so if you've got anything that's lost, post it! Posting it in the Doomworld thread would probably be preferable, but if you post it here I can try and forward it on.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:18 am

Seems to work again. I can access the site without problems.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby TheMightyHeracross » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:59 am

TheMightyHeracross
...and remember: his silence is golden.

Discord: TheMightyHeracross#1716
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Kinsie » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:47 am

Excellent work. I was downloading my own copy, but I wasn't able to get a couple of files.

Probably work kicking this onto the Internet Archive or something. Somewhere more stable than Dropbox, anyway. Preferably several somewheres!
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Return to Off-Topic