Unable to start a topic in Doom Editing Help

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Unable to start a topic in Doom Editing Help

Postby Chaosvolt » Fri May 21, 2021 5:55 am

As per the title, I had a technical question that didn't seem like it'd fit in any of the subforums for the editing help section, and on looking at it the "new topic" button is completely absent. Every other forum category with subforums I've checked so far seems to allow starting a new topic, so I'm not sure what's going on with Doom Editing Help specifically.

I suppose the question would work well enough in the Scripting subforum but it was more a question regarding sound behavior, I'll post it in a bit I guess.

Screenshot attached showing the absence of "new topic" button between subform list and active topics, which is present in that location on other forum sections that have subforums.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chaosvolt

Re: Unable to start a topic in Doom Editing Help

Postby Rachael » Fri May 21, 2021 8:32 am

That is a category, not an actual subforum. The category view is useful when you want to look at a collection of recent topics without individually browsing the forums, but I can understand yes that it can be confusing. Click on the individual subforums in the category view in order to create a topic. You will notice just by opening one that some of the topics you saw in the category view are indeed replicated from the subforum you drilled down into.

Naturally, categories themselves cannot actually hold topics of their own. They must pull from the subforums that nest into them.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Unable to start a topic in Doom Editing Help

Postby Chaosvolt » Fri May 21, 2021 7:39 pm

Ah, that'd explain it then.
Chaosvolt

Return to Off-Topic