Github FINALLY officially adds Dark Mode!

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: Github FINALLY officially adds Dark Mode!

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Nash wrote:Speaking for myself, almost all software I use daily (90%) is operating in some kind of dark mode. I simply cannot work with "bright mode" anymore.

In all the time I've been working with computers I could never tolerate it. Even back in the 90's I customized everything I could to use a color scheme with a dark background and bright text.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby phantombeta » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:
Nash wrote:Speaking for myself, almost all software I use daily (90%) is operating in some kind of dark mode. I simply cannot work with "bright mode" anymore.

In all the time I've been working with computers I could never tolerate it. Even back in the 90's I customized everything I could to use a color scheme with a dark background and bright text.

I dislike light modes too. I set everything to dark modes if possible, though I'll begrudgingly tolerate them if there's no other choice. I personally prefer colour schemes with slightly less contrast, though, like Visual Studio's dark theme, where the background is a dark grey and the text is a dim/faded white, almost a very light grey.
phantombeta
Tired of being treated like trash by control freaks

Postby Apprentice » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 am

It's probably me but I never understood the whole fuss nowadays about the whole 'yeah, we now have a darkmode' thing and why it is apparently so "difficult" to implement it. I know that it happens with browser queries and the likes (I'm a mapper, not a programmer) and what-not but an odd twenty years ago, it was just a simple setting that you could select and it just worked (unlike someone else who has used the phrase). I'm probably too old for this . . .
Apprentice

Discord: Apprentice#7105

Postby Nash » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:47 am

Even more appalling is how programs like Unity, until very, very recently, monetized the editor's dark mode. :mrgreen: It was one of the last things they held on to their dear life after almost every major game engine went free-to-use (and shipped with dark mode out the box)...
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Rachael » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:32 am

Nash wrote:Even more appalling is how programs like Unity, until very, very recently, monetized the editor's dark mode.

Holy shit.

Wow. Talk about gutsy.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Graf Zahl » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:28 pm

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #10: Greed is eternal... :twisted:
Graf Zahl

Postby StroggVorbis » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:22 am

Rachael wrote:Windows Magnifier actually has a feature that was meant to help with this. But it's far from an ideal solution. In fact, I hate it, but it's better than having nothing at all.

If you did not disable its accessibility key, win + kp+ will activate the magnifier, you can then use win + kp- to bring its zoom level down to 100%, and then after that, press "ctrl-alt-i" to invert the screen. Might be handy.

Is it just me or does the magnifier lag like shit? Also, how do I disable it again?

Oh nvm lol
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466

Postby Rachael » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:20 am

I don't have problems with it lagging. If you have an older system though, then yeah I can imagine that might be an issue.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Previous

Return to Off-Topic