Re: Laz Rojas (split from WolfenDoom for ZDoom)

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Postby icemann » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:05 am

Enjay wrote:Don't know if this has been linked to here or not...

It's got quite a bit of detail about how Laz's life has been going if anyone is interested.

Registered just to mention about this.

Wow. What a life. As one who dreamed of getting into the games industry, and never getting there (in my case, I ended up getting a job in teaching games dev), I can completely relate. Man your talented. To hear of what happened to Laz is horrible. Laz, your Wolfendoom TC's have and will forever be my favorite TC's for Doom 2. Hell I'm pissed that that Rheingold series never made it past episode 2 :), but if acting and directing is your true calling, then the best of luck to you honestly. I hope you get what you deserve, because you are truly talented and deserve a FAR better fate than the cards that life has dealt you so far (so far, as of the video anyway). If I'd known 3 years ago, back when that video was posted, that you were in the financial hardship that you were in, I'd have happily donated in support.

Your mods / TC's, were part of my childhood. I cherish them as much as I treasure Doom and Wolf3D. Your work was outstanding for the time. I take my hat off to your talent.

PS - If you haven't already, and are actually reading the forum posts here. You need to start putting your indie film stuff on Youtube. It has been the savior / source of fame to many. James Rolfe (aka The Angry Videogame Nerd) started out, posting his videos to a site of his own and later went to Youtube. It's the best way to have your works be seen by a FAR larger audience. Your not limited to just the eyes of cinema goers anymore. There is an entire new audience out there. Let nothing and no'one stop you from your dreams. Carpe diem mate. Wish you all the best.
icemann

Re: Re: Laz Rojas (split from WolfenDoom for ZDoom)

Postby yaboi » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59 pm

I remember this coming up on YT and being so very confused as to whether or not it was the same person who did all the Wolfendooms! Such a strange coincidence to see that this person who brought us all so much joy also had such presence outside of the doom community
yaboi

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Re: Laz Rojas (split from WolfenDoom for ZDoom)

Postby Rachael » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:24 pm

yaboi wrote:Such a strange coincidence to see that this person who brought us all so much joy also had such presence outside of the doom community

Is it really that strange?

You can be well known in many places and even for different reasons. Plus I highly doubt Doom is what everyone here does 24/7.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby icemann » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:03 am

I'm in both camps on this one. On one hand I was totally blown away to discover that Laz does directing and acting, as well as making mods for games. Such a contrast.

On the flip side, I agree totally that people can be known in many places for different reasons. We all have various interests.
icemann

Return to Off-Topic