Largest deathmatch-only map?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Largest deathmatch-only map?

Postby invictius » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:37 am

I was going through some of the dwango maps and of course they're all tiny. But it got me to thinking, apart from HQ maps, what wads have the largest deathmatch areas? Did a search for this topic but nothing came up. Obviously there are loads of huge maps that are not designed for it, have the starts there, but not made for dm. Would any of them even be the largest map that can be built?
invictius

Re: Largest deathmatch-only map?

Postby Arctangent » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:14 am

Gonna take a guess that your best results will be found in the maps made for ZDoom Wars. They're not designed for traditional deathmatch, no, but they're very much still maps for very large scale deathmatch play.
Arctangent
squawky

Discord: SquawkyAtan#2371

Postby leileilol » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Not doom but... way back when, id had released a few huge high-player count DM maps for Quake and Quake2 intended to stress servers (base32, death32, base64, sewer64, city64) since they were really focused on that network thing being a new frontier. They're big, likely took some forevers to compile (large user maps tend to be more like box maps)
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Kinsie » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:07 am

leileilol wrote:Not doom but... way back when, id had released a few huge high-player count DM maps for Quake and Quake2 intended to stress servers (base32, death32, base64, sewer64, city64) since they were really focused on that network thing being a new frontier. They're big, likely took some forevers to compile (large user maps tend to be more like box maps)
Huh, I've never heard of these before. Interesting!
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Return to Off-Topic