Question for people born outside of the U.S.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Re: Question for people born outside of the U.S.

Postby sinisterseed » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:25 am

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:To be sincere? Arrogant, xenophobic, and with a terrible sense of geography due to the "USA above everything" way of teaching kids in school.

Essentially the same here, and also extremely entitled. Maybe a bit racist too.

The entitled part largely coming from how they seem to constantly moan about "but muh rights", when in reality they care so very little about them. Thinking of guns ownership here primarily, most of them don't want one for safety reasons, but simply "because it's my right, fuck off".

I understand that the decent people there really aren't like this, just like anywhere else, but that's really the image the US is projecting here and to me personally.
sinisterseed
GZDoom RO Translator & Raze Tester

Twitch ID: sixhundredsixteen
Github ID: sinisterseed
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Redneckerz » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:46 am

lowskill. wrote:[q

The entitled part largely coming from how they seem to constantly moan about "but muh rights", when in reality they care so very little about them. Thinking of guns ownership here primarily, most of them don't want one for safety reasons, but simply "because it's my right, fuck off".

Its interesting that you cite this. I watched the movie The Gambler last weekend, a rather excellent flick about gambling (duh) and its issues, but it also features John Goodman. And John Goodman sure likes to deliver some snide dialogue. I got remembered by your post about it, then realized that its an interesting line by itself, ofcourse, like any good Goodman cite, its rather full of profanity:
''Jim Bennett : I've been up two and a half million dollars.

Frank : What you got on you?

Jim Bennett : Nothing.

Frank : What you put away?

Jim Bennett : Nothing.

Frank : You get up two and a half million dollars, any asshole in the world knows what to do: you get a house with a 25 year roof, an indestructible Jap-economy shitbox, you put the rest into the system at three to five percent to pay your taxes and that's your base, get me? That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink. That's all I have to say to anybody on any social level. Did your grandfather take risks?

Jim Bennett : Yes.

Frank : I guarantee he did it from a position of fuck you. A wise man's life is based around fuck you. The United States of America is based on fuck you. You're a king? You have an army? Greatest navy in the history of the world? Fuck you! Blow me. We'll fuck it up ourselves.''

Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby TheBeardedJedi » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:43 pm

I never knew the origins of the Statue of Liberty until just now. That is really fascinating. And unfortunate that its roots are relatively unheard of by most. Thanks for telling me.
TheBeardedJedi

Previous

Return to Off-Topic