Does the dynamic lighting in this reallife pic look similar?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
invictius

Does the dynamic lighting in this reallife pic look similar?

Post by invictius »

There seems to be no transition when on the border between colors, is it because of them being bulbs? Is the lighting in zdoom 360 degrees

[imgur]https://imgur.com/2kc2n4c[/imgur]
Last edited by Rachael on Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected imgur tag
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Does the dynamic lighting in this reallife pic look simi

Post by Redneckerz »

invictius wrote:There seems to be no transition when on the border between colors, is it because of them being bulbs? Is the lighting in zdoom 360 degrees

I am going to answer this in steps:
  • Does the dynamic lighting in this real life pic look similar? - Well, assuming you mean how GZDoom does it, the lights are too overly bright - Dynamic lights have a visible corona and cone. It is seen here aswell, but far too intense, almost like you are applying excessive bloom here.
  • I am not sure what is mean't with ''No transition on the border between colors'' - Judging by the screenshot, even though through the briteness its not fully visible, but the light has a fallout/falloff effect - Gradually losing intensity. As it should, because its a real life light. :)
  • There is a transition effect, but the shape of a bulb does make lights travel differently.
  • I believe dynamic lights are applied in-world, as in, they aren't sprite based. So static colored animated lights display as they should no matter what.

Btw, the blue light does look cool though from that angle - Like a blue explosion of some sorts.
invictius

Post by invictius »

Redneckerz wrote:
invictius wrote:There seems to be no transition when on the border between colors, is it because of them being bulbs? Is the lighting in zdoom 360 degrees

• Does the dynamic lighting in this real life pic look similar? - Well, assuming you mean how GZDoom does it, the lights are too overly bright - Dynamic lights have a visible corona and cone. It is seen here aswell, but far too intense, almost like you are applying excessive bloom here.
  • I am not sure what is mean't with ''No transition on the border between colors'' - Judging by the screenshot, even though through the briteness its not fully visible, but the light has a fallout/falloff effect - Gradually losing intensity. As it should, because its a real life light. :)
  • There is a transition effect, but the shape of a bulb does make lights travel differently.
  • I believe dynamic lights are applied in-world, as in, they aren't sprite based. So static colored animated lights display as they should no matter what.

Btw, the blue light does look cool though from that angle - Like a blue explosion of some sorts.

I'll try turning the brightness down a bit, but I think it's mainly the camera causing it.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

invictius wrote:
Redneckerz wrote:

I'll try turning the brightness down a bit, but I think it's mainly the camera causing it.

If that's the case then the point of this topic became meaningless.

Return to “Off-Topic”