Corona - any cases here?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Corona - any cases here?

Post by Graf Zahl »

It's really always the same, the numbers clearly tell where the health system is working and where it isn't. Combine that with leaders who still cannot accept the reality of the situation and you got a real disaster in the making.
Nash

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Post by Nash »

There's one positive case at the apartment building just right in front of where I live (literally the next building over), looks like contamination is at our doorsteps now.

Over here, it seems there are fucking idiots who're starting to fill up the streets, people in cars going who-the-fuck-knows where. Seems like our government isn't strict enough. Our quarantine has been extended for another two weeks but if this is how citizens act, looks like quarantine would be extended indefinitely...
sinisterseed
Github ID: sinisterseed
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by sinisterseed »

Nash wrote:There's one positive case at the apartment building just right in front of where I live (literally the next building over), looks like contamination is at our doorsteps now.

Over here, it seems there are fucking idiots who're starting to fill up the streets, people in cars going who-the-fuck-knows where. Seems like our government isn't strict enough. Our quarantine has been extended for another two weeks but if this is how citizens act, looks like quarantine would be extended indefinitely...

It's the same problem here, in fact groceries have been rather... populated the past couple of days...
NeuralStunner

Discord: NeuralStunner#4201
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NeuralStunner »

I work in a retail store (essential business y'know) and the amount of "business as usual" shoppers is infuriating. The American general public learning a damn thing from this situation is very, very unlikely.
Darkcrafter
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

So, I just found out from someone's wall efective medicine that helped even dying people to cope with covid-19 but that is only available in US for critical children and critical pregnant patients: Remdesivir

And then goes Tocilizumab, supposedly less effective but a bit more widespread but still expensive.

The medicine is very super rare, so it's better to abide by recommendations of WHO.
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Post by wildweasel »

Darkcrafter wrote:so it's better to abide by recommendations of WHO.

Talk to your doctor first, above all else, before taking any advice you read on the internet.
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant
Discord: Caligari87#3089
Github ID: caligari87

Post by Caligari87 »

If you get sick enough from Covid-19 that you need treatment, then go to a hospital and don't attempt self-treatment! 80% of people who get it, do not get sick enough to require treatment, so attempting to self-treat with medications not prescribes by a doctor has a non-negligible chance of making the problem worse due to mis-dosing or side-effects. Again, get proper medical treatment from a hospital if you're having trouble breathing.

8-)
Rachael
Admin
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Post by Rachael »

Darkcrafter wrote:So, I just found out from someone's wall efective medicine that helped even dying people to cope with covid-19 but that is only available in US for critical children and critical pregnant patients: Remdesivir

Please stop posting misinformation.

It's being investigated as a possible treatment, but studies are ongoing and no one can definitively say that it is effective. Trials are needed to show that.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Darkcrafter wrote:So, I just found out from someone's wall efective medicine that helped even dying people to cope with covid-19 but that is only available in US for critical children and critical pregnant patients: Remdesivir

And then goes Tocilizumab, supposedly less effective but a bit more widespread but still expensive.

The medicine is very super rare, so it's better to abide by recommendations of WHO.

I know a medicine that's supposely free to anyone that is open to recieve it, common sense.

Nothing really is effective if people don't take it and venture into tinfoilhattery like causing fires in 5G stations because one thinks that's the cause.

Ironically, the Dutch do not have 5G base stations yet, so on top of being tinfoil hat and useless, those fires serve even more of no purpose

All what these experimental meds are, are experiments to see what sticks and what does not.

Ontopic:
I finally got a check up, not corona, but rather cough related. Same rules apply tho - the doc will be in a suit that would mske him look like he came from Chernobyl. Which, speaking of which, had fires aswell.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I live in a very small city (near 4 thousand people) in Brazil. We had 3 confirmed cases, and 1 of them turned into a casualty. For a town so small, this is quite a lot. And our health system does not have enough tests for everyone, so there are probably many underreported cases. The neighboring cities, all of them bigger, have dozens of confirmed cases, and several deaths already. Some confirmed casualties by corona here were near 30 years old, and had no other health issues. So I'm kinda scared.

I work as a bank officer nowadays, so I could not have a lockdown. Nor my wife, because the state we live in had accepted our president's orders to cancel the social isolation, and the store she works is now open again with all the staff. At least, schools are still out.

Lots of people here are not taking it seriously. There are motorcades protesting against the lockdown almost daily, people crowding in the town squares, even groups who believes that corona virus is some kind of a fake news of some communist-atheist conspiracy against our president. Speaking of him, he is threatening and politically fighting against state governors who refuses to cease the lockdown. Besides that, winter is about to start here, when there are more people getting sick and flooding hospitals.

I am really, really, scared lately. :(
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer
Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Post by drfrag »

I need to go to the pharmacy to get my medication for the irritable bowel syndrome but i think it's risky and i'm not going to do it.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Not getting medicine is even more risky. I just read an article in the newspaper yesterday that the collateral damage from such decisions may become a bigger problem than Corona itself.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I don't know how things are with you, but pharmacies have been very well set up around here. My local one is limiting how many people can visit at a time, has clear lines drawn (literally) on the floor to tell people where to stand when they are inside and if you are still worried about collecting medicine, you can call ahead and they will have it ready for you - and meet you in the car park without you having to go inside at all.

Return to “Off-Topic”