Corona - any cases here?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Enjay

Re: Corona - any cases here?

Post by Enjay »

Bad news that you got it NiGHTMARE, good news that it seems like a mild case. I hope that you and your wife have a speedy recovery.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

NiGHTMARE wrote:So I started noticing possible symptoms on Friday afternoon (temperature, sore muscles, tiredness, headache, cough), got a swab on Saturday, and had my results this morning - positive. Ironic that I should be the one to come down with it first, when it's my other half who works on the front line! The good news I've already started making a strong recovery, with only the temperature left, and should be able to leave self-isolation at the weekend. The bad news is it looks like my wife is now coming down with it, too.

Best wishes to both of you, I am sure you will make it and recover soon. Sending you positive thoughts, I made it through and feel already much better. Was out for a walk today and had a good time. It's jus a few days you feel sick :)
Darkcrafter
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darkcrafter »

If anything is wrong, get well guys. I've been feeling not so good for a while too, having strange cough that already disturbs me less day by day, got some strange periodic ache in my chest but that could be my other diseases not associated with respiratory system, have no temperature or fever at all.

What's about the measures kremlin takes is that it imposes so called "self-isolation regime", not even emergency mode because it must be paid for and that would also mean for citizens to halt paying taxes and loans - this is what that bunch of assholes doesn't want. To me it looks like war was declared. I'm not a big believer but seems like God exists and he heard my prayers: the medic that Putin was walking around side by side in a very close proximity while filming another bullshit news report tested positive on coronavirus, rip and tear until it's done! :wub: :twisted: :twisted:

Upd: he was in hazmat >:(
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Graf Zahl wrote:
Redneckerz wrote:And to think some of the senators there are actively calling to just keep the economy rolling - with elderly people signing up to literally ''die'' for said economy.

It's not only that - if they keep the economy rolling, there will eventually be so many sick people that the economy will be out of capable workers. The results would be even worse.

Dont want to be "that guy" but it would be even worse if one of the biggest economics of the world stops for a two-three months. While Im sure they have some personal businesses, like "pocket" chains stores around all country, so they worried more for themselves than for everyone else, its not a completely stupid decision.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Caligari87 wrote:We may be looking at another Great Depression + "fall of the Soviet Union but globally" situation.

Just out of curious, how do you guys imagine what happened after the collapse of the USSR? Because I have a feeling that it faaaaaar away from what actually happened.
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

What do you think about China? It already goes back to normal life, their economy will go high too. The virus is artificial and was intentionally made to be leaked or accidentally but the fact that it was hidden from the world must bring some thoughts:

- One can test the virus in the perfect conditions - lots of people around, corresponding weather conditions;
- It's possible to estimate how long it takes to reach other countries;
- You test the countries preparedness and harm their economies;
- There are two versions of the virus: former is found in China and not as tough as in Europe!
- While the infected countries try to cope with the problem China already goes back to normal life and rise.

I honestly think it's just the beginning and something must be done in order to punish the possible aggressor of such kind, otherwise that will repeat! I heard such a point that biological weapons are not effective, turns out they are!
Rachael
Admin
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Post by Rachael »

Darkcrafter wrote: The virus is artificial and was intentionally made to be leaked or accidentally but the fact that it was hidden from the world must bring some thoughts:

That's a very loaded charge and for the sake of keeping the peace I'd really rather not entertain discussions like these on the forum, much less a thread that was meant to be supportive to people who have it, so please don't continue this. Furthermore, in the future, do NOT bring such charges to this forum, without proof!
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Look at the deaths per million citizens numbers for the various countries and then look at what China reported. That should give you a pretty good idea of how reliable the facts for covid-19 is from that country. Their numbers are way too good to be true. :)

edit: Just read what Darkcrafter actually wrote. To be clear: I'm not supporting any silly conspiracy theories about China doing something on purpose. Their data can't really be trusted either, however.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

No, it surely can't - but I also cannot shake off the feeling that something went horribly wrong in Italy and Spain. In Italy it's at least clear that they are over-reporting deaths because everybody who came in contact with the virus and dies gets listed - screw the fact that many of them were very sick people that might have died anyway.
If any country is a good indicator for how this should really play out, it's South Korea which has a death rate of less than 2%. The higher numbers elsewhere strongly hint at limited testing primarily aimed at those who show severe symptoms. Those 2% also match another number I have seen: China had >40000 asymptomatic cases that aren't included in their statistic.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Apeirogon wrote:Just out of curious, how do you guys imagine what happened after the collapse of the USSR? Because I have a feeling that it faaaaaar away from what actually happened.

This needs some clarity because i have no idea what you are trying to say here:
- Asking how the USSR was post-collapse and that its far away from what actually happened (What actually happened?)
or
- Comparing the fall the USSR to the current COVID-19 pandemic.

Darkcrafter wrote:What do you think about China?

Lets see, what do i think about China:
- I like their food
- A lot of my stuff is made there
- Things are cheap because of mass produce
- Things are low in quality because of mass produce
- There are a lot of Chinese people on the planet
- They have a communist party
- The last 100 years of its existence is marred by various reforms, both economically and socially

:wink:
wildweasel
Moderator Team Lead

Post by wildweasel »

I'm not sure that it's worth entertaining that side of the discussion here.

Hoping the best for all affected, and I hope you're not going too crazy from being in self quarantine. I still have to go to work, myself, but my job literally involves working with clean room suits, so it's pretty essential for what goes on around my work place. Of the near thousands of people who work at this location, I've only heard of two people who tested positive, and the Powers That Be are doing a pretty good job of enforcing care and caution. Dad's on paid leave (previous lung problems as of last December put him in the At Risk category) and Mom's working from home, so we're not doing too bad as a household. But I know not everybody's so lucky, so wishing all the best.
Matt
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Russia post-USSR: I recall reading about lots of really bad shit with mafias and whatnot until Putin's crackdowns, so whatever else he's done I can understand if people don't want to get rid of him.

China: As per forum rules I'll just... second what Redneckerz said.... and not contribute my own take.

I think it's a good time to plug my "Not Hideous Destructor" Discord https://discord.gg/9KN8gZm which was specifically created to be a dumping ground/containment area for political discussion of the sort not exactly welcomed on the ZDF.
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Hmm for some reason I suspect this virus might be not as dangerous as we think :shrug:
Rachael
Admin
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Post by Rachael »

Darkcrafter wrote:Hmm for some reason I suspect this virus might be not as dangerous as we think :shrug:

It's a 1.9% mortality rate according to the CDC (currently), if everything is tested and cared for properly. Under bad conditions that number can easily go up to 10% but it is not known how many people have it and didn't get tested versus the number of people who simply happened to fall under that 1.9%.

Still though - 1.9% is quite high. Influenza (which is not a coronavirus but still notorious for killing people) has a mortality rate of 0.002% according to the CDC.

The virus is definitely dangerous, and it is as serious as a heart attack. It's not guaranteed to kill you - in fact, if you get it, your prognosis is quite good - unless you are older and even then a majority of older people do recover (but not all) - however there are risk factors that turn that 1.9% into something in the double digits (some have said 20% but I am not positive about this). That's fucking scary, and that's going to cause bodies to pile up fast.

Let's put that into perspective: Let's say you are in high school, and your school enrolls 3,000 students every year (which is typical for some schools). Your entire high school gets infected. Once two weeks has passed, 57 of those students will be gone. They might be your classmates, friends you knew, or friends of your friends. (Yes, the virus does kill children - even if less frequently than adults - although this scenario assumes the students have the same mortality rate, in this instance)

So yeah, it's dangerous. If you get it, stay the fuck away from people until you recover.

Facts matter.
Scripten
Discord: Scripten#3195

Post by Scripten »

Rachael wrote:So yeah, it's dangerous. If you get it, stay the fuck away from people until you recover.

To add to this, the symptoms are known for staying dormant for several days/weeks in an infected person, and with the lack of adequate testing, there's no way to know for sure if you have it. So it is important both to act as if you have it and as if everyone you meet has it. (In terms of maintaining healthy social distancing.)

Return to “Off-Topic”