Shadow Warrior Classic Redux - Which resources are modified?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
MartinHowe

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux - Which resources are modified?

Post by MartinHowe »

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux has better video settings than classic and is (allegedly) based on JFSW with some bits of SWP. However, with VoidSW and Raze usable, since I already own SWC from an original retail CD years ago and can rip the soundtracks myself, the only thing missing is the enhanced, widescreen friendly weapon sprites, titlepic and so on. I don't know if it's worth buying Redux just for those.

I have very little experience with Build art editing tools, so does anyone already know of or have a list of exactly which tiles (by description rather than tile number alone) were modified from SWC in SWCR?
sinisterseed
Github ID: sinisterseed
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Redux - Which resources are modif

Post by sinisterseed »

Redux actually has a folder simply called "tiles" which comes with the widescreen-friendly sprites in .png format, similar to Megaton (and WT as well, I think, but don't have it installed atm to check). By looking at them, they are:

- Some Shuriken throw frames.
- Slightly extended Riot Gun.
- Longer Sword.
- Redrawn Status Bar.
- A menu background.

I can actually give them to you if you're interested, along with the .OGG soundtrack, just tell me ;) .
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

@lowskill - will PM you shortly
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

SWC Redux on GoG right now at £1.79 GBP. It was £6.99 a few days ago and says 74% off, so definitely a sale, but doesn't say how long it lasts for. But maybe worth it to have the widescreen assets officially :)

Return to “Off-Topic”