any aiming tips for DOOM 2016 multiplayer?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Memes4LyfeLives

any aiming tips for DOOM 2016 multiplayer?

Post by Memes4LyfeLives »

I am playing on xbox and have my senstitvity on 25. How can i "track" players easily, and how should i move my thumbs on the sticks? I wish to land more shots with the HellShot.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: any aiming tips for DOOM 2016 multiplayer?

Post by Redneckerz »

Memes4LyfeLives wrote:How can i "track" players easily,

As in, autoaim, or?

In general, to track a player, aim slight ahead of where the player is running towards to. If you then shoot, the chance of a hit increases.

Predictive Player Response is i believe what it is called or something like that.

Memes4LyfeLives wrote:and how should i move my thumbs on the sticks?

Being used to an Xbox controller, thumb sticks are used for looking up and down with the left, higher placed thumb stick and side stepping is with the right one, or vice versa.

Basically you use the same setup as every other recent shooter uses it? I'd need more details on your usage of the thumb sticks for any proper answer.
Memes4LyfeLives

Movement with the left stick and looking/aiming with the right. I do a lot of strafing to get more hits, but will that improve my "moving the crosshair" ability?
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Redneckerz wrote:
Memes4LyfeLives wrote:How can i "track" players easily,

In general, to track a player, aim slight ahead of where the player is running towards to. If you then shoot, the chance of a hit increases.

That's also how you hit a moving target in real life at increasing distances (such as when hunting a fast animal.) You have to account for the time it takes for the bullet slug or shell load (usually in the spectrum of buckshot or birdshot) to reach the position they are going to meet. But I guess with a hit scan weapon in a video game "point and click", at this point you are adjusting for netcode rather than projectile velocity. lol
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Memes4LyfeLives wrote:Movement with the left stick and looking/aiming with the right. I do a lot of strafing to get more hits, but will that improve my "moving the crosshair" ability?

Just strafing so you can aim is not going to help. What you are essentially doing is attempting to align yourself with the other player that way.
In order to improve your crossfair, you really ought to do predictional aiming as i mentioned.

Is Doom 2016 MP your first foray with multiplayer shooters?
Memes4LyfeLives

no, that would be PVZ Garden Warfare 1. I think.
Memes4LyfeLives

I think my problem is I overshoot/undershoot my shots. how can I fix that?
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Memes4LyfeLives wrote:I think my problem is I overshoot/undershoot my shots. how can I fix that?

I am at a loss as to what kind of solution you are expecting here. Try lowering the sensitivity of your controller scheme if you overshoot or undershoot, most console games have that option, which affects turn speeds.
Memes4LyfeLives

my sensitivity is on 35 I think. on consoles, I play on low sensitivity, while on pc, I play on high sensitivity.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Memes4LyfeLives wrote:my sensitivity is on 35 I think. on consoles, I play on low sensitivity, while on pc, I play on high sensitivity.

Well, all i can then add is say practice using the advice given. :wink:
Memes4LyfeLives

There is one game on Xbox that probably has the best feeling aiming in any game ever: PvZ Garden Warfare 2.
The aiming DPI/Deadzone/whatever it is on the sticks feels so natural. The sensitivity points on the thumbsticks are placed in such a way that aiming becomes very easy. I don't know what to call it. Like at certain Millimetres on the stick, it goes faster more gradual. Is it Deadzone? Accelleration? What is it called?

Return to “Off-Topic”