Looking for Certain video clips

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Enjay

Looking for Certain video clips

Post by Enjay »

I need some short video clips to use as a backdrop to a stage production that I'm putting on at work. I need an retro 1950's B-movie style space ship taking off, a planetary explosion (self-exploding, no laser blast etc) and a close up of a big, scary monster.

Here are some that I have tracked down but something a little less well known than, say, the Man of Steel explosion would be much better.

The monster needs to be really close up. Cheesy is OK (so the first one would be acceptable-ish) but something a bit scarier would be good. I like the second one, but it is too "scary" for what I need.

A longer clips would be better than the brief ones shown below.

Monster:
Around 1.05

Around 0.35

Planetary explosion

Space ship

Around 1.18

Various from around 0.30 (may just be V2 missiles)

Various bits but 0.20 is an example

Around 1.35

Around 16.20

So, suggestions for something in a similar theme to the above, but (I hope) better would be most welcome.

Thanks.
okbuddy

Re: Looking for Certain video clips

Post by okbuddy »

Not sure if this is up your alley. The whole movie is available on youtube. Has old-timey spaceships, monsters and I believe a planet exploding at the end. Spoiler alert!

https://youtu.be/hR7e3StbXoU
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Using a combination of clips from the above (including your suggestion okbuddy - thanks) we just finished the run of our show.

The show was "Return to the Forbidden Planet" (based on the old b-movie "The Forbidden Planet", which - in turn - is based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest") and, for those who don't know, in one scene the space ship that the show is set on gets attacked by a "monster from the id" of one of the characters. So, I found a hi-res picture of a cacodemon model, recoloured and animated it and we used that as a back projection during the attack. I don't know if anyone in the audience got the in joke there but a few of the cast got it and it made me happy. :)
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Enjay wrote:"monster from the id"
Romero or Carmack :P
Gez

Post by Gez »

Willits is the only one of the lot that I'd call a monster.

Return to “Off-Topic”