Why you dont like epic game store?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Why you dont like epic game store?

Post by Nems »

NeuralStunner wrote:Apparently Epic is telling indie devs that they can't publish on EGS at all if they're not exclusive. (And check out Sweeny's evasive response near the end of the article.)
I had a feeling something like this was happening behind the scenes. I'm not surprised and I'm not even disappointed since this is the kind of behavior I expect to see from big companies like Epic these days. :\

Just gives me more reason not to do business with them and to take my money/time/downloads elsewhere.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Epic's poor security issues from running vB in the past, the UT4 launcher requiring more personal info than usual + a new forum account (to another vB!!!), and then there's Sweeney's last year face heel turn when he supported a certain hateful loudmouth who got kicked off of youtube, which more or less has some implications of "free speech" and "anti-censorship" for the Epic Game Store in the years to come. (read: probably likely the H-games Steam rejects, you know, "to stick it to steam!!1 .....huh..... what's regulation???? what do you mean we can't sell those valuable 'cute anime' games????? this is a sensor sheep" - tim 2021 probably)

also the technical issues of the actual store part of the store. no carts = automatic bans for multiple purchases during a megasale event lol. I don't think GoG had that problem when they started back when they were sketchy for relying on warez site referrals for building the brand, and scene rips for distribution.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Got no features. Each basic ones.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I remember the earliest version of Steam had more features than the EGS right now.

Return to “Off-Topic”