What soundfont is the media player using on this site?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
ACMDogfight1997

What soundfont is the media player using on this site?

Post by ACMDogfight1997 »

I like using various soundfonts to hear midi songs differently. I'm just wanting to know what soundfont the website freemidi.org uses on their in-website media player so I can find and download it. Hopefully, someone here knows what it's called.

Here's a midi rendition of Metallica's Enter Sandman as an example, feel free to look elsewhere on the site for other songs (some I feel are trash but others are okay): https://freemidi.org/download-5099-ente ... -metallica
TheUltimateDoomer666

Re: What soundfont is the media player using on this site?

Post by TheUltimateDoomer666 »

I have used well over 100 GM soundfonts and synths, but do not recognize the soundfont or even the instrument samples used on that website. That's assuming it is a soundfont or software-based synth, and not a hardware synth or module. The Overdriven Guitar and many other instruments do sound like something I would expect to hear from a GM-compatible soundfont or keyboard, but the Distortion Guitar appears to be a Sawtooth for some reason (I listened to some of the site's DOOM conversions)...
Maleficus

Re: What soundfont is the media player using on this site?

Post by Maleficus »

I've never heard that soundfont either. There's contact info on the bottom of the webpage. Maybe the site owner would be willing to say what it is?

Return to “Off-Topic”