Cyberpunk 2077

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Blake00

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by Blake00 »

Is it sad that I've watched the 45 min Cyberpunk gameplay footage like 3 times now lol? I just can't get enough of it. For those that got bored I should point out it gets way better after the opening 10-15min mission. Takes me back to so many films like blade Runner, Minority Report, Judge Dread 90s and especially 2012 version, 5th element etc. Reminds me that I need to check out that recent cyberpunk TV show called Altered Carbon! Mates keep talking about it being really good.

I play a lot of futuresynth, 80s synth, retro synth music on youtube and the videos are often accompanied by cool animations of retro futuristic cars driving through cyberpunk style dystopian cities at night with glowing blue and purple nights. In the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay footage when you see them get in the retro sportscar and drive around the city GTA5 style I knew right away that there's gonna be moments where I break off from the main game just go for a drive at night playing some tunes haha.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I don't know how the Witcher 3 was when it first came out but I know that there were a number of patches. I came to the game quite late so I assume all the major issues were fixed. I have nearly 240 hours logged in the game, including one completionist run, and I didn't experience any problematic glitches at all.

[Edit] that was in response to SamVision - I didn't realise his post was 2 weeks old.
Nash

Post by Nash »

@Blake00: Same, the waiting is killing me and I've started to play cyberpunk-ey games just to not get anxious LOL. System Shock, Shadowrun, etc
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Nash wrote:@Blake00: Same, the waiting is killing me and I've started to play cyberpunk-ey games just to not get anxious LOL. System Shock, Shadowrun, etc

Be sure to check out Satellite Rain. In my opinion, one of the purest Cyberpunk scenarios and lots of fun, epeciallly in coop mode.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Enjay wrote:I don't know how the Witcher 3 was when it first came out but I know that there were a number of patches. I came to the game quite late so I assume all the major issues were fixed. I have nearly 240 hours logged in the game, including one completionist run, and I didn't experience any problematic glitches at all.
I was initially going to do this, then decided against it, but I'm going to go ahead and post it:
Martin Anward (Stellaris dev) wrote:Over the last 30 days before release, QA reported about 400 bugs and the dev team fixed around 500 (which should give some perspective to people who think encountering a bug or two means there was no QA testing), but some things always slip through, and fixing bugs also has a tendency to introduce more bugs.
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Nash wrote:@Blake00: Same, the waiting is killing me and I've started to play cyberpunk-ey games just to not get anxious LOL. System Shock, Shadowrun, etc
Oooh yes those are great classics.
Cherno wrote:Be sure to check out Satellite Rain. In my opinion, one of the purest Cyberpunk scenarios and lots of fun, epeciallly in coop mode.
Yeah a mate was showing me this game at his house the other day. Looked cool and a lot like the classic Syndicate game I mucked around with in the 90s.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

It doesn't play much like Syndicate, though. The character roles are cleary defined with each one having special abilities and a combination of them is needed to break into compounds successfully (what the game is mainly about). Combat occurs only rarely because once the bullets start flying, you mihgt as well restart the mission since the guards receive reinforcements constantly which makes firefights very dangerous.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

A bit off topic I know but I loved the original Syndicate. It is one of the handful of games that I have gotten truly absorbed in and I played it obsessively at the time. In fact, it's still on my computer and I dip into it every now and again to this day. Although Syndicate Wars (the follow up) was, perhaps, graphically, a bit more appealing, I didn't find it to be anything like such an enjoyable game. I never played the more recent Syndicate-titled offering.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

Blake00 wrote:Is it sad that I've watched the 45 min Cyberpunk gameplay footage like 3 times now lol?
If you're living in some kind of poverty and having troubles getting the newest games movies etc. then not, I remember watching all these e3 videos of assassins creed, watch dogs and all these let's plays over and over again for years
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I swear: When i first wrote my ideas for Kriegsland 2, one of the first things i have thought was a upgradable HUD, as well as some cyberwear (among other things, thanks to GURPS Cyberpunk book).

Now i watched this for the first time, and DAMN. I am hyped.
Blake00

Post by Blake00 »

Cherno wrote:It doesn't play much like Syndicate, though. The character roles are cleary defined with each one having special abilities and a combination of them is needed to break into compounds successfully (what the game is mainly about). Combat occurs only rarely because once the bullets start flying, you mihgt as well restart the mission since the guards receive reinforcements constantly which makes firefights very dangerous.
Yeah I noticed that.. his team kept getting swarmed and died again and again while showing it to me haha!
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

First ever Pre-Order...
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

7.62x39 wrote:First ever Pre-Order...
No, do not ever pre-order. No matter how appealing the previews might look pre-ordering only ever benefits the publishers, it is never mutually beneficial.
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

SamVision wrote:
No, do not ever pre-order. No matter how appealing the previews might look pre-ordering only ever benefits the publishers, it is never mutually beneficial.
Is this really necessary? Let them make their own decisions. CD Projekt Red is a distributor and publisher, so a pre-order is also showing support for the development team. I won't be pre-ordering, but it's pretty rude to tell other people what to do based on your own preferences.
7.62x39

Post by 7.62x39 »

Scripten wrote:
SamVision wrote:
Is this really necessary? Let them make their own decisions. CD Projekt Red is a distributor and publisher, so a pre-order is also showing support for the development team. I won't be pre-ordering, but it's pretty rude to tell other people what to do based on your own preferences.

No, it's ok. :) Actually, he's right. Pre-ordering is a bit silly thing. Truth is, i've always tested games (pirated) for some time. If it's ok or i liked it, i buy it. So, this is a huge step on my gaming life. First time i'll buy a game without testing pirated version and i'm gonna pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 if regional price ok like Witcher 3.

Right now, CD Projekt Red is the best company in the gaming industry. They not greddy like other companies. Also, lots of free DLCs, huge expansions like stand alone game without any kind of stupid DRM. :wub:

Return to “Off-Topic”