2018. It's a pretty rough year.

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
leodoom85

Re: 2018. It's a pretty rough year.

Post by leodoom85 »

Graf Zahl wrote:
leodoom85 wrote:2018, pretty rough year.
2019, fucked up year.
2020, not-so-happy year

Regardless of the moderation and the place where moderation is done, shit will keep happening....it can be minimized at best but, there's always a crack at everything.
That being said, this one is good enough to stay and be "safe".

So when was the last *good* year?
I actually thing the biggest problem these days is this rampant pessimism that lets people make stupid choices.
You didn't get the joke aren't ya?
I was not serious about the first paragraph, geez Graf...
But hey...it's your interpretation. One thing that I'll say in a serious way though is, regardless of hard times, you must stand all the way and keep moving forward. If you let the bad things get to you then you'll get bad mood and repulsion to many stuff outside.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Isn't that what I actually said with the second sentence? All I see is this rampant negativity everywhere about things being worse than ever, blah, blah.
And if you think about it, it's this what causes people to vote for hacks like Trump with supposedly simple solutions who end up making things actually bad.

It's also a generational problem with older people (60 and on) being left behind by modern technology. When computers came up in the 80's they were already grown up and many never got into these things in the first place and today they are simply overwhelmed and scared by what's happening.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I kind of feel like this thread is a good example of its original point and therefore should be locked.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Apeirogon wrote:I write "too much" with BOLD font not just because.
By this I meant that there are ALWAYS were, be and will be people which dont like the rules/prohibitions/personally you as a person/etc. And they ALWAYS will try to violate laws and prohobitions/insult you with you family/religion/race/ancestors to the seventh....emmm...tribe?, and etc etc etc. Because people and its psychology.

Plus, this is internet. So anything what happens here is happens only in text form. Well, last fev years shit from iternet begins to splash in real life, but talk Im not about that.
And I pretty aware that there are exist are people too sensitive people, which from word "dick" lose consciousness, as well as people who respond on threats of physical violence/monolithic wall of text made from foul language in his side answer "ok:)".
So, another anecdote
"Meet two jews. One says
- Monya, did you hear what Rabinowich says about you, when you are not around?
- Oy vei, Moicha, I beg you... You can say to Rabinowich so that when Im not around they can even beat me."

And I definitely dont meant "drop all moderator work", because then forum would transform to something like "pwned gtfo, lol kek cheburek(pie from a thin fresh dough stuffed with meat and spicy seasonings)"
Those people will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: If you think I, or the other moderators. "care too much", then go make your own forum and do it better.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Apeirogon wrote:Plus, this is internet. So anything what happens here is happens only in text form.
I want to call this out specifically - this is a very dated sentiment. "What happens on the internet stays on the internet" is not, and never was, true. Regardless of the fact that nobody is talking face-to-face, you are dealing with real people with real feelings and real biases and sensitivities. So it's really important to just be the best person that you can, that hopefully everybody else will be doing the same.
Apeirogon wrote:So, another anecdote
"Meet two jews. One says
- Monya, did you hear what Rabinowich says about you, when you are not around?
- Oy vei, Moicha, I beg you... You can say to Rabinowich so that when Im not around they can even beat me."
I don't think this joke survived whatever translator you're using...not to mention I'm not sure relating Jewish jokes is a good look for you, whether you meant it innocently or not.

[edit] Geez, I got ninja-admined by the only other admin. :?

[edit edit]
Gez wrote:I kind of feel like this thread is a good example of its original point and therefore should be locked.
I...honestly kind of agree. maybe Hardcore is right, OP's point is kind of proving itself right now.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Probably for the better, then.

Return to “Off-Topic”