Help me gain motivation

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Zen3001

Help me gain motivation

Post by Zen3001 »

Holidays just started from school, I was trying to find a part time job recently and am supposed to go to these driving courses this summer but just lost all my motivation on Saturday. All I want to do now is listening music on the sofa the whole day.
So I just made this thread hoping that some guy on this forum could help me gain some motivation again.
SouthernLion

Re: Help me gain motivation

Post by SouthernLion »

There are great things out there, and working/driving are huge doors to them. Not everyone loves cars, but I'll drive around sometimes just to drive. The connection between man and machine (especially in a standard transmission, rev matching each clutch engagement) is very meditative for me. And with work, you can start saving some money (and blowing it on some fun stuff.) And when you get a car (if you don't already have one) you can just go wherever you want, whenever you want.
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

First off. Why have you lost all motivation. And what for what exactly you should be motivated.

Second. No need to feel depresive. All is okay despite the fact that our world might be really insane sometimes (in bad ways). If you feel bad - there's nothing wrong, just give you time with friends, go with them somewhere and you'll find perfect motivation for everything you need. I konw, I've done some good stuff thanks to walking with people I know and love.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

CWolf wrote: I've done some good stuff thanks to walking with people I know and love.
There's no one I love
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

That sounded cheesy, by the way I don't have any depression
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

Zen3001 wrote:
CWolf wrote: I've done some good stuff thanks to walking with people I know and love.
There's no one I love
Well shit you just like 13 yo old me then, huh? Unloved, hated, thinks he's only one who seeks justice and always want be alone as tortured dog aye?
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

Apeirogon wrote:
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Damnit I wanted to post that but looks like you had the same idea :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

For what it's worth, will a simple :D and :cheers: help any?
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

grouchbag wrote:For what it's worth, will a simple :D and :cheers: help any?
I don't think a smile would and I can't drink anything in my religous family
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

From the tone of your responses I'm not sure you actually want to be motivated to do anything, so much as get some attention and validation because those things feel good and help mask the depressive slump you find yourself in.

What you're waiting for is to feel good about doing the things you need to do. I'm here to be blunt and tell you, from experience, that's probably not going to happen. None of us can motivate you, and it's never going to feel good. Because as much as you may hate yourself for just sitting on the couch all day listening to music, that's a lesser perceived pain than going out and doing something.

What you need is dedication. You need to kick yourself in the pants and DO IT even though you don't want to. That's right, no matter what you tell yourself, you don't want to. But man up and do it anyway. Waiting for "motivation" is going to land you in a slump where you just coast on the minimum and wake up ten years later wondering where the best years of your life went.

That Shia Lebouf video may be a meme, but he's actually right. Just get up and do it. Dedicate yourself to being something more.

8-)
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

I just felt like shit monday morning and decided to make this thread before leaving for these theory classes. I guess it's really just attention seeking then...
(I hate that Shia Lebouf meme)
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

If you're not depressed then what you might be experiencing is fatigue. There are endless causes for that so you might want to discuss it with a doctor.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

I don't think a smile would and I can't drink anything in my religous family[/quote]
Well, good luck to you anyway then. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”