Wolfenstein: Youngblood announced

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Crazy Toni

Wolfenstein: Youngblood announced

Post by Crazy Toni »

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is a brand-new co-op game unveiled at the Bethesda BE3 Showcase 2018. The game takes place in 1980, 19 years after BJ Blazkowicz ignited the second American Revolution in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood introduces the next Blazkowicz generation to the fight against the Nazis. Play as one of BJ’s twin daughters, Jess and Soph, as you search for your missing father in Nazi-occupied Paris.

Seems like they are giving BJ a little break from fighting.
Dancso

Re: Wolfenstein: Youngblood announced

Post by Dancso »

Thought it was a joke until the moment they simply carried on with the conference.
The main reason I believed that was due to the parallel between the "old blood" and "youngblood" subtitles, which I know is a petty thing but it felt a bit weird to me.

Surely the huge jump in time was to allow the protagonists to be grown up, but it seems like the ONLY reason for it. The 80s do not feel like Wolfenstein to me, period.
I haven't played Wolfenstein 2 but the mixed reviews (even if it was mostly due to technical issues) would have had me believe they wouldn't try to push a sequel relatively soon.

I'll be curious to see what it's like, but I don't expect it to be really good.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, the New Order was fantastic. Like, a really new blood for the shooters. The old spirit was back. The simple run-and-gun. But what really worried me is the game's length. Like, 10 missions and its over, you've conquered all and finished the story. And most of the missions are connected, so the inter-mission breaks it into like 5 pauses between every mission. So, from my point of view, the game is short. But yeah, the New order gave me impression that I'm finghting nazis all over the world and making something out of it.

The the New Collosus? Yeah, so you have a fucking nazi ubersubmarine. The first parts are from the submarine and the monster floating fortress chasing it. The second part is from nuked new york. Third part is intermission in roswell, which is pretty short. The underground base is the same. The click, short stop in BJ's house, then they cut your head off and BAM, you're at hitler and game ends. Like...what? What have I done to stir up the rebellion? What have I really done? It was like 4 small fights wiyth nazis, nothing more...

I'm disappointed from the game's shortness that I really really dont want to even finish it...

So, if this will be like 5 hour shooter, I'm not interested anymore.
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Where is Arthur Blaze? They better not retcon Billy out of canon!
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, since BJ fathered two girls in the New order timeline, Arthur Blaze is removed completely...
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Youngblood :) For a second I thought that Commander Keen will make an appearance, after all, he is a descendant of B.J. Blazkowicz, and he indeed saved the galaxy from the evil Mortimer.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Ehhhh... i don't know....

Even seeing the way the new wolf games are (above than most average shooters today), i still think it won't be as good as the previous games. Let's hope i am wrong. I don't want dumb AI sidekicks to bother me the whole time. Even more when fighting nazis. =p
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I kinda don't care. The DLC for New Collossus was so boring I probably don't want any more Wolfenstein games. The theme is stretched so thin it's just going to burst every minute, better let it be before it goes wrong. The coop focus can also go wrong real easy. True cooperation is really hard to do and just letting two players play the game at once is as cheap as can be and generally not worth playing.

Return to “Off-Topic”