Who here likes guns? I mean really likes guns?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Who here likes guns? I mean really likes guns?

Post by Caligari87 »

Hilarious intro on this demo ranch video.

8-)
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

I got my Mini a companion (it's the monster on the left):

Also, I got some unfinished handgrips for grandpa's 1911 and tried my hand at some DIY grips:

SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Very nice. In this thread now we have two handguns that have seen a long time of US Military service, and both have saved hundreds of thousands of GI lives over the decades. Your Grandfather's 1911 (M1911, from 1911-1984 [Still in use by some of our military, however.]) and my Beretta 92FS (M9, 1985-present).
Revae

Post by Revae »

I like guns. I got an SKS, Luger, .22 Marlin Glenfield, and my fiance has a Ruger New Vaquero in .357 and a WASR.
I think that's it... Want to get a Stoeger 12Ga DB coach gun with 2 triggers, and another pistol. Because having an 80 year old pistol is cool and all, but I want something a little new. Maybe a DAO compact or maybe even a mouse gun for kicks. 380, or 32acp... Something.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Revae wrote:I like guns. I got an SKS, Luger, .22 Marlin Glenfield, and my fiance has a Ruger New Vaquero in .357 and a WASR.
I think that's it... Want to get a Stoeger 12Ga DB coach gun with 2 triggers, and another pistol. Because having an 80 year old pistol is cool and all, but I want something a little new. Maybe a DAO compact or maybe even a mouse gun for kicks. 380, or 32acp... Something.
If it's for carrying and not just fun, personally I recommend the .380 ACP over the .32 ACP. I used to carry a PPK clone in .32 ACP to protect my wife and I, but I eventually upgraded to .380 ACP (also a PPK clone) because I feel like .32 ACP is a tad too small for self-defense. I mean, anything is better than nothing, but .380 ACP is a little closer to 9mm Luger in ballistic performance and stopping power (not knockdown power; that's a myth). I prefer to carry my Beretta 92FS in 9mm Luger (one of the most accurate handguns on the planet Earth with more power and more bullets per magazine than my .380 ACP), but when I can't properly conceal a full handgun, I love my little .380 ACP. I jokingly call it my "purse gun." lol

***FEG Hungary AP~MBP - (.32 ACP), Bersa Thunder 380 (.380 ACP), Beretta 92FS (9mm Luger)***

So, anyways, my back up irons on my beautiful .300 AAC Blackout carbine took a crap on me. That's what I get for being cheap. So I got 45* offset RAILS and put on the high quality flip up iron sights that originally came with the carbine. I am super happy with the result, and I got it zeroed to the laser (that I KNOW is bullseye accurate). The reason the laser is not centered through the scope is because the scope is at 1x Zoom in this picture, but is zeroed for 6x Zoom at a much farther distance, where as the laser and back up side irons are zeroed for close range (like if someone were to sneak up on me while I was using the optics, you just rotate the gun and BAM close quarters sights to use to protect yourself.)
Spoiler:
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Dat laser + irons zero hnnnnnng

I've been watching InRangeTV's "What Would Stoner Do" project, and I want this rifle so bad now.

http://www.inrange.tv/wwsd

8-)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Caligari87 wrote:Dat laser + irons zero hnnnnnng

I've been watching InRangeTV's "What Would Stoner Do" project, and I want this rifle so bad now.

http://www.inrange.tv/wwsd

8-)
Cool, what is that like a scope in to a red dot??
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Correct. They suggested two optics options: A red-dot with a flip-mount variable magnifier, or a standard scope.

The whole "What Would Stoner Do" project is up on their youtube channel. Lots of fascinating discussion.

8-)
Revae

Post by Revae »

@RexS , can't carry in California. I probably wouldn't most of the time anyway. Pretty quiet town I live in.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Revae wrote:@RexS , can't carry in California. I probably wouldn't most of the time anyway. Pretty quiet town I live in.
Ohhhhhh. Okay. I would carry anyway (if I could legally) just because you never know when somethings going to go down (my wife and I were almost carjacked in literally a retirement town full of old people lol) but I'm not going to get on some lecture about the morals of carrying or not carrying. That is totally a personal decision, and not likely what this thread is about. Was just putting my two cents in on the calibers. lol

On topic, a very special girl is coming to see me soon for vacation (she's been there a lot for me with my grief; she would read to me over the phone a few days after I got out of the hospital and was in shock/PTSD/head-injury from finding out the horrific news and I couldn't sleep at all with all the evil and pain enveloping me and she would try to help me sleep that way) and I'm going to see if I can get her to shoot the AK-47. (Actually, RAS47 based on the AKM, but no one knows what the hell that means, so I just say AK-47.) She really liked the .300 AAC Blackout because it has very little recoil (which I think the builder of the carbine put in a really high quality recoil spring in the stock). The AK is a little meaner, so I'll she how she feels after she sees me shoot it. lol. It's not quite as violent as the 12 Gauge 3" or 3.5" Magnum 00 Buckshot*, but still can take an inexperienced shooter by surprise (and leave a little bruise if you hold it wrong.)

SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Well, she shot my Beretta 92FS (M9 in the military) which is chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum (most commonly known as "9mm Luger" or just "9mm.") The slide kept closing on me any of the times that I shot it, even with an empty magazine, just in case you are wondering what the comments at the end were about. (For non gun-people, the slide is supposed to lock back when the weapon is empty, exactly how it did here for her at 0:22. Every time I shot it, it was not locking back correctly, and I would pull the trigger on an empty chamber thinking there was still a bullet in it.) It ended up failing to extract a few bullets, and it's possibly related to that. I had to clean the crap out of this gun and oil it once we got back from the range.

The Beretta 92x has a lot of history to it as a handgun, but some is actually relevant to these forums. If I remember correctly, the Doomguy's default pistol, weapon slot [2], in Doom 1/2/Final... you know... "the pistol"... is actually this very gun. So this is the handgun you start out with in Doom. lol https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Pistol#Trivia

She didn't end up shooting the AK-47 (RAS-47 based on the AKM to be accurate), but not just cause she chickened out. I shot a magazine in front of her, and told her she "probably [didn't] want to shoot this." It's not that bad of a recoil for someone used to firearms, and I wasn't being sexist like she is some weak girl. There are female shooters that would make me look like a little punk. lol. But I know her very well, and after emptying a magazine of those 7.62x39mm Soviet rounds, I turned to her and I was like "I don't think you want to shoot this, sweetie," and she was like "Yeah, no, no thanks." lmao. She shot my .300 AAC Blackout carbine last year, which is the American equivalent of the infamous 7.62 Soviet bullet, but I have a really high quality carbine (it was closed to $2,000) with a high quality spring, and the way AR-15 platform American weapons are, the recoil is straight back with the spring in the butt stock. It is a lot easier to control the same amount of energy. The AK-47 and its infamous spawn of AK-pattern weapons is an extremely violent action and spring set up. It uses an actual piston with a spring, not just gas energy.

By the way, I love that she wore tie-dye while shooting the gun. I love this girl. lmao

Last edited by wildweasel on Mon May 06, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected Doom Wiki link.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

So I got myself a "blue gun" trainer. It's the standard Colt 1911 style and size.

Almost shockingly, it's pretty comfortable to carry concealed despite being like 8 inches long. Plus the "magazine" is weighted and removable so I can practice reloading and general manipulation.

This is really encouraging for me, as my goal for my first gun is a Rock Island Armory GI standard or Rock standard 1911 in 9mm. Just gotta save up that pesky money.

8-)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Caligari87 wrote:So I got myself a "blue gun" trainer. It's the standard Colt 1911 style and size.

Almost shockingly, it's pretty comfortable to carry concealed despite being like 8 inches long. Plus the "magazine" is weighted and removable so I can practice reloading and general manipulation.

This is really encouraging for me, as my goal for my first gun is a Rock Island Armory GI standard or Rock standard 1911 in 9mm. Just gotta save up that pesky money.

8-)
Awesome. 1911's are definitely famous, and tons of people around the world have trusted their life to them, both military and civilian. I personally don't like the grip safety or single-action only part, but what works for you doesn't have to work for me. I hope you get it soon, those are really sexy guns. (Usually when people don't like 1911's, they prefer Glocks. But I hate those! I would probably carry a 1911 before a Glock. lol)
Burblac
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Burblac »

Caligari87 wrote:So I got myself a "blue gun" trainer. It's the standard Colt 1911 style and size.

8-)
Nice one 8-)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! (Part 2 of new pictures. Part 1 is in Selfie Thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47163&p=1110219#p1110219 )

Notice the 13 bullets (for the original 13 colonies). I was not originally going to include the Beretta 92FS, being that it is an Italian firearm and not American, but then it dawned on me that this model Beretta has been the most widely issued sidearm to United States Military personnel in all branches as the Beretta M9, after the Colt M1911 was retired from service. So it actually makes perfect sense to include the Beretta handgun in this all-American picture.

Return to “Off-Topic”