Who here likes guns? I mean really likes guns?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Who here likes guns? I mean really likes guns?

Post by Graaicko »

I know some of us love guns. I'm one of them. I've created some pretty cool unreleased weaponry for ZDoom in the past. Show me your guys armory. whoever has the biggest or unique arsenal may be refenced in my mod (name of a gunshop you enter.) :D

To get it kicked off here are some of my toys.
Spoiler:
Reactor

Re: Who here likes guns? I mean really likes guns?

Post by Reactor »

Welp, does my heap of junk clarify as an armory? :D

viewtopic.php?t=46389

Some of them are yet to be completed alright, but it's still yummy stuff IMHO, and I plan to finish the whole stash in the foreseeable future.
I love guns, I really do. When I was out in Murrica for a short time, I was so envious seeing how many toys my host ad - pistol, shotgun, assault rifle...truly amazing! Owning guns here is strictly forbidden, so this is understandable. Gosh, I wish I had a pulsar rifle like that! :roll:
Zan

Post by Zan »

>tfw europoor
Wish I had guns. Always loved milsim games and guns, though.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I don't own any, and probably never will (too expensive) - I do own an extensive armory of Nerf guns, though, because they're cheaper, the ammo is reusable, and they can be legally fired within city limits.

That said, I do enjoy reading about guns, their histories, how they factored into the various wars, and all the really weird failed designs across history.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

As much as I'd much rather the ownership of functional guns be far more limited and restricted, I do think they have an alluring artistry to them that, while not really something I'd hang up like a sword or spear ( preferably unsharpened ), can't really be compared to most other weapons due to the sheer mechanical marvel of them.

There's just something really stylish about revolvers, tommy guns, and side-by-side shotguns, and that's just reaching into the top of the barrel with some of the ol' classics. I've always bullpups are really cool looking, too.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I'm no gun nut, and I don't currently own any of my own, but having held in my hand several of them in my hands, and having read through the safety manuals of them, I know well enough to respect those little destructive machines. They're pretty scary.

The armoury that I have been exposed to included one M-1911, one AR-15, one duck shooter, and two glocks.

While I am one of those people who thinks the world would be a lot safer without guns proliferating every little nook and cranny of my country (the US), I also think everyone should have the ability to understand them and educate themselves about them - because they aren't going away anytime soon, and at this point I think knowing as much as possible about them while they are here could only save lives.

It's also kind of nice knowing how they actually work. The actual mechanations of them, while fairly simplistic, are fascinating.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Rachael wrote:at this point I think knowing as much as possible about them while they are here could only save lives.
Extra knowledge never really hurts anyone, just helps. I have a sneaking suspicion that a noticeable portion of gun deaths in the world today would probably be avoided if people followed the 4 rules of gun safety.

Don't own any guns, but I've fired a variety of them ranging from pistols to revolvers to rifles with stand outs being the Vietnam war era M16 (the USA basically left out country a surplus of guns after ww2, I even see some bank guards using Tommy guns) and the Colt Single Action Army Revolver (how the hell was anyone supposed to reload that in a combat setting again?)

Kinda wish PDWs were more of a thing, the weapons that get that designation are normally some of the more cooler looking ones.

P.S. Hollywood and video game silencers are B.S., one of the firing ranges I went to the owner had one, still loud as shit. It's .22 rounds are the quiet enough that the pin hitting the bullet is louder.(plinking is fun!)
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

I've got way too much of a hair-trigger temper to trust myself with a deadly fire-metal machine made by a company with any more combative posturing than Toyota.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

I have used my handgun twice for self defense (drawn; never fired), (I made a topic here for one of them). I teach gun safety and gun self-defense laws on the side for a living. I have been training with handguns, shotguns, and rifles since I was about 15 years old, (I am now in my 30s.)

These are just a few of my rifles and carbines, and my primary home defense shotgun loaded with 3" 00 Buckshot Magnums (I load it with 2 3/4" 00 Buckshot for home defense, this was just right before heading to the range. 3" Magnum is WAY overkill for home defense, you could stop a charging Rhinoceros.) Heads up, they weren't happy when I made a question asking about a good knife to carry, so this topic may get locked.

I just put back up irons on the most expensive carbine (which is the middle one, in .300 AAC Blackout.)

I will get more pictures tomorrow, after work. lol
Last edited by SouthernLion on Mon May 14, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reactor

Post by Reactor »

Cool shotty, RexS! It outright reminds me of Duke Nukem 3D, at least the HUD frames. :)
What an arsenal! Admit it, you did type "IDKFA"! :D :P

Don't forget to take a photo of your handgun you mentioned in the Road Rage topic! The .380 ACP I think?
Graaicko
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Graaicko »

Nice AK. I love my AK. the sissy got butthurt on this forum?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Graaicko wrote:the sissy got butthurt on this forum?
I don't understand what this is supposed to mean.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Reactor wrote:What an arsenal! Admit it, you did type "IDKFA"! :D :P
he's a murican', all muricans' come standard with 3 rifles, 2 handguns, and a shotgun :P
Matt wrote:I've got way too much of a hair-trigger temper to trust myself with a deadly fire-metal machine made by a company with any more combative posturing than Toyota.
There was one a dude who said (paraphrasing here) "if you conceal-carry, you now have to lose every argument" in the sense that you are the last person in the room who should get aggressive and if you do, it should really be that dire.

With regards to rage, have an uncle who's normally a calm guy but his road rage is off the charts and riding with him is pretty much a life/death experience, and I'd trust him with a gun because he handles them like a pro. Different folks, different strokes I guess.
Graaicko wrote:Nice AK. I love my AK. the sissy got butthurt on this forum?
Graaicko, just make sure that you don't get into any political debate about guns, I might agree with you with regards to guns but this is not the place to do so.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Let's please not discuss politics here - take it to PM. Also please don't call people "sissies" or describe anyone's level of butthurt - it's trolly language and not appropriate for this forum. You all are adults, I really thought you to be above that sort of behaviour.

It's perfectly okay to be critical of said person's actions, no matter how you feel about the debate itself or where you stand with it, but please let's not use those words.
Hellsmith1

Post by Hellsmith1 »

It's cool to have guns but what's the purpose of having a AR-15, M4 Carbine, or AK47 in your possession.

I like curtain type if guns myself but I'll probably never own one.

Return to “Off-Topic”