Who here likes guns? I mean really likes guns?

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Who here likes guns? I mean really likes guns?

Post by Caligari87 »

Yeah I've heard of setback and try to be aware of it. :thumb: Thanks for the reminder!

and YIKES that round looks horrible.

8-)
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Caligari87 wrote:Yeah I've heard of setback and try to be aware of it. :thumb: Thanks for the reminder!

and YIKES that round looks horrible.

8-)
Oh, good. I'm glad you're on top of it. Apparently, I haven't been. Hahaha.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

So, I sold my other AK- weapon and finally decided to buy an Arsenal. These are the most technologically advanced AK's on the planet Earth, but they aren't cheap. In fact, I could not find one to buy ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES. I tried 15 websites, and 5 gun stores that all checked their inventory and warehouses around the entire country. Sold out, for a couple years now, from coast to coast. Most of their production factories are dedicated to fulfilling military contracts in recent years, so the civilian semi-automatic market is bone dry. I was able to find one used at auction though! I'm super excited. It shoots AMAZINGLY. I put the laser/flashlight combo on it, zeroed it, and test fired it. I zeroed the laser very accurately apparently with the bore laser tool, and then went to town emptying 30 round mags as fast as I could (with the range officer's permission.) Cost me about $150 in ammo, but I wanted to make sure she fed fine, just in case I ever had to grab her for self-defense. I also bought 30 rounds of plastic tip hollow point rounds for home-defense to fill one of my 30 round magazines. (You do NOT want to defend your house with a full metal jacket round. Same goes for pistol rounds in self-defense.) They only had 40 rounds, and I test fired 10 of them to make sure it cycled correctly (feed, fire, extract, eject, feed) with the different ammo type. Worked absolutely flawlessly. So far I have 2-300 rounds through it, with absolutely zero failures. And I mean zero. Arsenal is famous for this, but it's still nice to feel in my own hands this kind of performance. I'm going to have to buy a few other magazines worth of ammo online (for hopefully cheaper.)

Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Since the last time I posted, I put the SOCOM and the Mini in walnut and I happened to pick up a CMP Garand (receiver made in 1944 by Springfield). I may pick up an M1 Carbine in the future to round out the Garand-style rotating bolt collection, but for now, this'll do just fine.

bonus 100/200 yard range shot

SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Very cool stuff! You should get a video of you firing some of those. I want to hear that sound when the clip spits out. lol
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Ah, I actually have one from a couple months ago when I shot it for the first time (Garand at about 3:33):

SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Sweet, thank you. Haha.

My brother gave me his shotgun. Not as a Christmas gift, but he just didn't want it in the house anymore with his newborn since he doesn't have a gun safe. I said sure, I'll take a free shotgun. lol. He knew this was a good and safe place to bring it. It was extremely dirty (the guy that sold it to him I guess never cleaned it), but I stripped it and sprayed it down and rubbed it for an hour or so and put all new oil in it. I'll test fire it at some point, but then after that it will probably be a safe queen. I already have a better pump shotgun for home defense duty. It came with an ammo belt and a side saddle (that I took off for now). Also, why is Hoppes Elite gun oil $17 for 4 oz? :x I love it, though. I use it on all my stuff.

abbuw

Post by abbuw »

10mm Tanfoglio EAA Witness. Purchased this and a spare magazine for 590 Earth Dollars today. Haven't shot it yet, but the trigger is pretty smooth; extra smooth and light in single action.
SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Very cool, abbuw.

I got a video of me firing the new Arsenal (SA) M7-R ("AK-47 / AKM"). I am very satisfied with this purchase. (I have duct tape on the magazine in the video to distinguish between Full Metal Jacket and Jacketed Hollow Point filled magazines in my safe if I have to grab them fast in an emergency. And we generally shoot FMJ at the range, because JHP rounds are much more expensive. Although you do still need to run your self defense rounds through your gun at the range from time to time to get practice, make sure it's accurate, make sure it does the feed/fire/extract/eject cycle correctly etc.)

SouthernLion

Post by SouthernLion »

Got the beautiful custom glossy red wood finished furniture for my AK in the mail. Was pretty annoying that I had to Dremel tons of wood off to make it fit, and drill my own screw holes in the stock (shout out to my homegirl for letting me borrow her power drill). But it looks so pretty now that its all on.

Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Oooh, that's super sexy, man.
42_the_Gamer
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 42_the_Gamer »

I am a mild gun nut, but have you heard of the guy in WW2 that fought with a gun made from 3 guns?
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

42_the_Gamer wrote:I am a mild gun nut, but have you heard of the guy in WW2 that fought with a gun made from 3 guns?
Got a source on that?
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
42_the_Gamer wrote:I am a mild gun nut, but have you heard of the guy in WW2 that fought with a gun made from 3 guns?
Got a source on that?
I think he's referring to the Stinger machine gun, Ian from Forgotten Weapons made a video on one. It's a Browning M1919 with an M1 Garand stock and a bipod from a BAR. It's pretty cool but it sounds far less exotic than "a gun made from 3 guns".

42_the_Gamer
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 42_the_Gamer »

Speaking of which, I did a little digging and found something called the Nock gun. If you like shotguns, you should search it up. You won't be disappointed.

Return to “Off-Topic”