Serious Sam 4

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.

Serious Sam 4

Postby xenoxols » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Discuss.
xenoxols

Re: Serious Sam 4

Postby Freaklore1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Well its about time,more pure fun action for us.

Double the gun,double the fun.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaarrrr.
Freaklore1

Postby Bigger C » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:45 pm

BFE tried to get too serious, but THIS is the right kind of Serious!
Bigger C
Banned User

Postby NeuralStunner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:41 am

Major props for not titling it "Serious Sam".
NeuralStunner
I'll Get By

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Dancso » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:34 am

I'm super excited for this! I've been craving more Sam so much that i started achievement hunting the existing games on steam and replaying on serious difficulty with a friend :)
Dancso
bow wow

Postby Zan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:57 am

NeuralStunner wrote:Major props for not titling it "Serious Sam".

Hah, yeah.
Zan

Discord: Zan#0149

Postby Freaklore1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:22 am

I wonder tough,will we finally see Sam finally confront Mental.

This is a premise that has been around ever since the first game,that Sam is trying to find Mental to stop the invasion from even happening in the first place.

Heck even in Serious Sam 2,Sam eventually reach what is supposed to be Mental Homeworld i think,but Mental is not there.

As for BFE,its a prequel and show why Sam need to time travel so he can go after Mental before the invasion aqnd destruction of Earth by Moon collision.

So will we finally see the final confrontation or is it something Croteam are keeping for another sequel after this one.
Freaklore1

Postby AvzinElkein » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 am

Freaklore1 wrote:I wonder tough,will we finally see Sam finally confront Mental.

This is a premise that has been around ever since the first game,that Sam is trying to find Mental to stop the invasion from even happening in the first place.

Heck even in Serious Sam 2,Sam eventually reach what is supposed to be Mental Homeworld i think,but Mental is not there.

As for BFE,its a prequel and show why Sam need to time travel so he can go after Mental before the invasion aqnd destruction of Earth by Moon collision.

So will we finally see the final confrontation or is it something Croteam are keeping for another sequel after this one.

I think they will stall the final confrontation indefinitely.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby xenoxols » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Freaklore1 wrote:I wonder tough,will we finally see Sam finally confront Mental.

This is probably another prequel, there are modern day road signs in the trailer. Still, I am hype. Also SS2 isn't canon anymore, mostly because it would destroy what little plot there is.
xenoxols

Postby Nems » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:11 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:

I think they will stall the final confrontation indefinitely.

I have a feeling this is ultimately the big meta-joke of the entire series. Whether that's good or bad is debatable.

Anywho, I may very well reinstall Steam for this.
Nems
"small monster loops"

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:34 pm

i'm excited for this, but i doubt i could run it on my PC very well, heh.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby Niphura » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:22 pm

xenoxols wrote:

This is probably another prequel, there are modern day road signs in the trailer. Still, I am hype. Also SS2 isn't canon anymore, mostly because it would destroy what little plot there is.

it's a shame that SS2 is no longer canon, i believe that Croteam could have keep it as a separate universe. where everything that happens in that universe is an intergalactic TV show (as well as the intergalactic games within ss2) an exaggeration of the events that occurred in BFE, First and Second Encounter and Sam itself (this could explain the differents planets like Chifang that could had been an exageration of the battle against mental in China or Japan).
They could have done a continuation for SS2 while another team took care of serious sam 4 (in the original universe).
Niphura

Discord: ---

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:19 pm

A bit of a bump since the last post, but a new trailer was out a few days ago, along with some short snippets of gameplay footage.

Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.

Postby Enjay » Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 pm

The style of gameplay looks very much like the original.

Unfortunately, that means I'm not that interested. The endless scripted arenas and enemy waves became utterly tedious to me. I have always wanted to like Serious Sam, I really have. It has so much potential - but that awful (IMO) arena and scripted battle style (rinse and repeat ad nauseam for the whole game) is just a massive turn off.

Walk into an obviously arena-like area, entry closes behind you, music changes, first wave starts, nothing to do now but run around in the arena (potentially for many minutes) as each predetermined script element plays out, [insert description of tedious fighting here], final wave dies, music calms down, way out opens.

Explore through a couple of small rooms.

Walk into an obviously arena-like area, entry closes behind you, music changes...

I get that some people like it but, nope, not for me and I can see that in those gameplay clips and it's implied in the interviews too.

The huge number of enemies looks interesting and impressive but I wonder how playable that will actually be? Will it even really matter? Will you just be mindlessly circle-strafing around the horde slowly wearing down their numbers until the next wave?
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby leileilol » Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 pm

yeah, it's that "i'm gonna tell my kids this is doom" game again
Spoiler:
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Next

Return to Off-Topic