Games that deserve a "2nd chance"

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Games that deserve a "2nd chance"

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Deadlines are the WORST enemies in any kind of job.

if you can't reach your bosses to tell them how insane the demand is, surely things will go down. Of course, i am not including lazy people in this conversation. We always have a lazy workmate to push things back, but you get the idea.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it."

(Often attributed to Bill Gates (who may have used it) but the saying predates him by at least around half a century.)
Apaul27
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

It might get petty wried, but...

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition

The original version of Skyrim was awesome, but sadly it was replaced by the "more system requirements demanding" Special Edition version. I want the original "legendary" version of Skyrim for free, much like with No One Lives Forever.

Project Spark

Even I don't play Project Spark that much anymore, but this introduce me to Conker The Squirrel. But not only that, there's a small but humble fanbase. I think the creators of this game did a great job on making the game, and they should make a sequel to it.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Apaul27 wrote:It might get petty wried, but...

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition

The original version of Skyrim was awesome, but sadly it was replaced by the "more system requirements demanding" Special Edition version. I want the original "legendary" version of Skyrim for free, much like with No One Lives Forever.
I don't think Beth. Softworks would like put it for free...since the original non-DLC version still on sale in Steam(just not search-able but buy button works, I never try if it can be check out as I already had it) for some reasons(most likely because of Enderal: Forgotten Stories. Yes, it's will release on Steam and required the user has Classic or LE version for running it. And Enderal SE won't happens soon...at least before the Steam version is stable.)

LE(it's just Classic + all DLCs, nothing special) still on there but just too expensive to get (Classic and all DLCs' price also stuck on 19.99USD for some reasons, it's just like that since SE happened) and maybe it may changes when Enderal : FS released...? :?

For heavy modder, LE version is better since not all mods ported to SE, the author just disappeared/do not want port to SE/whatever else reasons or some engine license problems(HDT-PE won't happens unless the problem about "Lack of Havok engine 64bits license on SE[it's not free...]" problem fixed, and HDT-SMP won't works on many HDT-PE mods, not all PE mods can be converted to SMP), but also the engine just easily went unstable and limited even with SKSE memory patch, EMBoost(EMB but no effect mods, just performance patches/tweaks) and many mods fixing Freezres/Crashes and ILS(Infinite Loading Screen) problems, it's still can be so buggy enough to pissed you off sometimes, oh and the DX9 and 4GB limitation by 32bits executable.

Even though if you know how to tweak and installed patches, it still possible has no crashes/ILS/freeze happened with 100 or 200+ mods installed, but no guarantee.

For normal user and lightly modder, SE is much better.
PixelCrunch
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by PixelCrunch »

Battletoads for the NES.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to like this game. It just seems so cool and good. But people whore on it because of it's near-bullshit difficulty.

*P.S, there's a Japanese version that's been tweaked to be easier, but it's still pretty damn hard.*
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

PixelCrunch wrote:Battletoads for the NES.
Have I got news for you

There's also the Rare Replay version which fixed some issues.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

SouthernLion wrote:I don't think Duke Nukem Forever deserves a "second chance." I think it was an absolutely FANTASTIC game the first time through.

No, it isn't as good as 3D. And yes, you can see some flaws in it, such as the 2 weapon (later patched) and historically late punch lines against Master Chief.

But you shot aliens in the face with a 12 gauge shotgun, had boobs in your face, and then drank some beer. That is literally what Duke Nukem is. What the hell game did you think you were playing, Call of Duty? Those three things are the sign of a good day, if you ask me. lol
Well, for what I've heard, it's actually because Duke wasn't really Duke there.

First of all, where's the classic health and weapons system? What we got instead, is some COD-style regen tripe.
Second, he should just be a jerk with a heart of gold and a 12-pack of kicking-ass, not this ego-stroking bullcrap that we got.
Third, why Duke don't have a shooting range? A men's den? A MASSIVE BAR with full of volcanic babes in it? That's more like him, unlike coddling with some creepy and juvenile twins. :-?

Ultimately, I think some projects, deserves to stay in the development hell they comes from.
At the very least, he's still living trought awesome mods and our memories.

Well, as long that the franchise belongs to Gearbox... there's no hope for it. :(
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

Oni (game by Bungie)
Remaster, re-release on Steam or GOG, source code, mod for GZDoom or EDuke32 - anything would be suitable.

Return to “Off-Topic”