Cool Game: Brutal MooD

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Cool Game: Brutal MooD

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

GAA1992 wrote:Those sound effects... Are strikingly familiar (ammo and health, mainly). I can't tell where from, but obviously i recall them in doom mods from here. If this thing is going to be sold...
Yep, those are in fact from Brootal Deum.
leileilol wrote:hmm why do i get the feeling this isn't entirely made by one guy
With both examples, I get the feeling that those sounds/music are just placeholders, as seen in this video of a much earlier build of this game:
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Because in true Brutal fashion it's likely an incoherent hodgepodge of things the author thought was cool and never bothered to actually check for usage rights / licenses / or give credit.

Like seriously, is he using Wolfenstein and Blood music in a commercial game? That's a paddlin'.

8-)
Scripten

Post by Scripten »

Yeah... It looks cool and all, but Teleglitch is probably a better bet for something in the same realm as this, but with a more solid execution. (And less pandering.)
Matt
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

That it caused someone to remind me of Teleglitch is probably the single best thing about this game so far.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Related to this, if you're craving a brutal top-down shooter that feels in the vein of Doom, check out RUINER. It's like the non-derivative, non-pandering verison of this, and it looks to play a lot more interestingly and not-annoyingly, while still keeping the requisite visceral action.

8-)
Matt
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

::sees the you-must-be-18 prompt::

::as usual too lazy to give actual DOB and just plugs in an arbitrary year::

::plugs in a number starting with 2::

::feels really, really old now::
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

I've played the "game" it's movement is just...ugh, terrible, it's too slow, the fact the guns also have RECOIL (in a damned Top-Down Game) and very noticeably slower-than-they should be. Level Design is kinda cluttered.

Also on the topic of copyright, the CONS1_x textures are being used aswell -_-

It's clear whomever made it is just getting a quick dollar out of an obvious pandering to HLM + BDoom fans.

ALSO, what's the engine for this game? I've deduced that it's either Construct, or some JavaScript crap, the reason I ask is because the ".pak" files aren't just the renamed .PAK (BTW this isn't about ripping assets, I'm interested in seeing for myself about the copyrighted material that is used/hidden in the files, and just need proper confirmation)

Return to “Off-Topic”