System Shock Source Code Release

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: System Shock Source Code Release

Post by Kinsie »

Worth noting that if you have System Shock Enhanced Edition on Steam, you can access a technically-closed-but-the-access-method-has-been-publicly-posted-by-the-devs beta of Night Dive's source port.

Initially it seems pretty similar to the original Enhanced Edition, except that there's proper widescreen support, fancy new options menus, an optional OpenGL renderer and native custom map support.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Kinsie wrote:Worth noting that if you have System Shock Enhanced Edition on Steam, you can access a technically-closed-but-the-access-method-has-been-publicly-posted-by-the-devs beta of Night Dive's source port.

Initially it seems pretty similar to the original Enhanced Edition, except that there's proper widescreen support, fancy new options menus, an optional OpenGL renderer and native custom map support.

As I said few posts earlier :)

ramon.dexter wrote:Niice, the source port has entered BETA phase, that's available to anyone owning the Enhanced edition on steam just go to properties, and enter the following code, that will unlock the beta: "saltthosefries"). Playing it, it just like the original system shock, with control and graphical options. Level editor planned and in development. Niice :D

EDIT:

Okay, downloaded and started playing with the editor. Pretty basic. I don't know, how to place new level tiles. Anyone know? The wiki tells me what tiles are, but misses how to place them...
Trance

Post by Trance »

This thread on systemshock.org was started and is actively followed up by the dev for this toolkit, dertseha. I have edited my post in the previous page to correct a naming error; I assumed the dev's username was InkyBlackness.

Return to “Off-Topic”