Doom community...

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Apeirogon

Doom community...

Post by Apeirogon »

What do you mean under this phrase? I ask this because not so long ago I start go further scripting subforum and remarked many posts about doom community and reference to it.
And because for some people, I think, its look like masonic lodge with unlimited power and authority.

For me it just "couple" of guys, and at least one girl, who play doom and its sourceport. And I expect from it same as from any other "couple" of guy, and at least one girl, namely
"Oooo, hello!!! How much time... :D
Yeah, dont see each other, how much? two days!? :D
Not two days. A WHOLE two days. This a big difference. :!: :lol:
So, how are you? How family, wife, childs? :P
Not so bad as I look like. Wife feels bad... because they still dont meet me 8-)
You hear, there came out new videogame "Insert Game Name"!? Play it? :eek:
Yes. If I be less cultural, I would say "this piece of shit is ungodly spawning from the personal satan whore". But I cultural man. So I say "download it from torrent, let the company publisher go broke." :puke:
Oh, girlfriend/mom/grandma/etc. is calling me. Go to shop for breed and lost for five day....:biggrin:
Then bye, see you.
"
If some one dont understand, I expect simple conversations about all and anything, plus pinch of "How make X using Y for Z in gzdoom?"
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Re: Doom community...

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

This thread will not end on a good note, I'm afraid...judging from this post.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'm not sure I understand what Apeirogon is talking about. :?
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

I see a large number of post where people ask-dash-demand from people here, on this site, something more than other post in reply.

And I wonder why?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Are you using Google Translate? Could you post in your native language? I get the feeling Google Translate isn't working very well.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

But google translate and bing, after translation from my native to english and back to my native language, correctly show me what I want to ask.

Maybe it mess with right word order in english!? Or what you cant understand!?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Can we get a native Russian speaker, ZZYZX perhaps, to help translate what Apeirogon is saying?
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Apeirogon wrote:But google translate and bing, after translation from my native to english and back to my native language, correctly show me what I want to ask.

Maybe it mess with right word order in english!? Or what you cant understand!?
Google translate usually doesn't work that well and often comes out looking very strange.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Why you dont understand me? You confused from order of words or what?!
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Подождите, пока мы получим переводчика.
-Google Translate, Russian

Чекати, поки ми отримаємо перекладача.
-Google Translate, Ukrainian

Wait until we get an interpreter/translator.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Apeirogon wrote:
You hear, there came out new videogame "Insert Game Name"!? Play it? :eek:
Yes. If I be less cultural, I would say "this piece of shit is ungodly spawning from the personal satan whore". But I cultural man. So I say "download it from torrent, let the company publisher go broke." :puke:
I think I get the intended meaning, and this particular parody of that discourse is the funniest thing I've seen all day. :laff:

The OP seems fairly straightforward: what do we mean when we say "the Doom community"? Doomworld forums? BD fanbase? Well-known former Doom players (and is there a "statute of limitations" on this status)? Everyone who subscribes to the Deimene Creed, "There is no Doom but Doom and Doomguy is its prophet"? Everyone who's been baptized in the blood of DOOM.EXE version 1.666? ...
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Matt wrote:Everyone who's been baptized in the blood of DOOM.EXE version 1.666? ...
Fucking metal. :rock:

In all seriousness, maybe he's complaining about some DooM subcommunities being too whimsically authoritarian in their rules enforcement? I dunno.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Bigger C wrote:
Matt wrote:Everyone who's been baptized in the blood of DOOM.EXE version 1.666? ...

In all seriousness, maybe he's complaining about some DooM subcommunities being too whimsically authoritarian in their rules enforcement? I dunno.
He's wondering why there's so many people that make/demand requests and then leave.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

Shadelight wrote:
Bigger C wrote:

He's wondering why there's so many people that make/demand requests and then leave.
Ah! In that case, I'd say a mixture of ADHD and the dehumanizing nature of online interaction!
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The only thing I'm able to glean is maybe there's some disconnect with the word "community" that doesn't translate well - the example he gives in the original post makes me wonder if "community" (meaning just a group of people) translates more into something that really means "family" (people related by blood, living in the same household).

Return to “Off-Topic”