That loot box legislation... let's talk about it

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Rander1776

Re: That loot box legislation... let's talk about it

Post by Rander1776 »

I don't trust judges, lawyers, congress, and the president to make legislation on video games, which they know almost nothing about. These laws put in place to stop greediness can end up too overreaching and destroy reasonable business (like buying card packs in Hearthstone) or be too filled with holes to actually make any difference. To assume legislation would be exactly perfect and without holes would be absolutely absurd considering the people who would be designing these laws. Corporations are trying to make money above all else, but I do not believe that this inherently makes them "evil sociopaths". EA has had unrepairable damage dealt to them from Battlefront 2, so if people continue the boycotts and the protest, there might not be need for enforcing lawmakers to legislate what they know or care nothing about. Keep the government away from my video games. I don't care if EA continues to shoot themselves in the foot or if they make all the money in the world. I don't buy their games and neither should anyone else. I won't try to make laws restricting what other people can willingly spend their money on. Bringing legislation to stop dumb kids from wasting their money is like taking out a fly with a sledgehammer.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: That loot box legislation... let's talk about it

Post by Rachael »

This got bumped by quite a bit and I feel like it's starting to get a little too political because that is a very clear one-sided view. So I am locking this.

Return to “Off-Topic”