Touchguard/Palmguard/SmartSense issues...

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
Ravick

Touchguard/Palmguard/SmartSense issues...

Post by Ravick »

Hi there.

So, after an automatic update of my Windows10 that ruined my notebook, I've got it working again. However, now I must reconfig all the stuff I've being using for years...

One of those is the disabling of the "touchguard" (that supposedly is a) feature. It prevents me from using my touchpad while using WASD keys (*). Lets say, the touchpad simply stops working when I'm using those keys in-game. So, I cannot run and circle-strafe in Doom and other FPSs.

I've searched a lot of ways to config and/or disable it on the web, however, most solutions on forums does not exist in my notebook. Sometimes because Win10 has changed things so much that the settings people had used years ago does not apear anymore where it shoud be; sometimes because solutions would only work in Windows7; some other times, because I can't find my "Dell touchpad" and other options in my Control Panel because new Win10's Control Panel is crazy!
I totally can't remember how I've got it years ago (and, probably, the way I've used then does not exist anymore in Windows 10...)

Please, doesn anyone know how to solve ths problem? I want to disable, (or delete, destroy, Smah, Slay, Nuke, excommunicate...) touchguard. =/
(Please, do not answer with "use Linux instead!" :cry: )

(* Before you ask, because everyone asks, yes, I play Doom -and other games- with touchpad. Thats not THAT weird... I got used to it...)
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Touchguard/Palmguard/SmartSense issues...

Post by R4L »

On your desktop (or anywhere) press Windows Key + R together.
The run window will pop up. Type devmgmt.msc, then hit Ok. Device Manager will pop up. Make sure there are no unknown devices in that list.

If you know what brand the touchpad is you might be able to go to their website and download drivers for it. If you do not know what brand it is, you can go to your laptop brands website and find all the drivers for your notebook. I'd reinstall any mouse or pointing device drivers if you can.

If that does not work, you could reset Windows 10 and see if that fixes it, and check all incoming updates to see what they change.

EDIT: Is this a Dell notebook by chance? You can check your BIOS options to see if you can disable it. You can usually get into the BIOS by pressing F2 or ESC when you boot your notebook. Even if it isn't a Dell brand, check your BIOS options anyway.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Thank you a lot, R4L. I got it working just fine now! :)
R4L
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by R4L »

Ravick wrote:Thank you a lot, R4L. I got it working just fine now! :)
Glad to hear!

Return to “Off-Topic”